Just bought HTC P3400i... Attemtping a Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
In the review, IronMan was cursing the WM's slowness and said
RAM usage is high at default setup with no programs running. Very less free RAM left at startup, just 33%. (Is windows sluggish in every patform?)

well, now (coz of the HARD RESET) i think u better thank WM options/make to help u outta this coz they had this option.... :D:D atleast copying this concept from our PCs wat NOT bad at all.. :D wat say Iron !!

x3060

A LOTR fan
@ashu888ashu888.....hard reset equals recovery mode in pc, your mob will be restored to factory settings, that's bad if u have files in your mobs mem than storage card.
in windows , you require a cd not needed in mob, thats all

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ And above that almost all smartphones/PDAs have a hard reset mode. I just realised. Nothing only peculiar to WM. :D

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ You are welcome. :)

BTW.. Guys; What about a dedicated Windows Mobile Thread? Applications for Windows Mobile as well as a collection ofl Java apps that work on it. Like, everyone can contribute some good apps; paid or free.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
Yup, sucha thread shud be created in the QnA section say like the OFFICIAL WINDOWS MOBILE THREAD...

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Its working. I didnt have any important e-mails/SMSs in it. And backups for all softwares were in PC. Thanks to rockthegod for that tip. ;) :D

You are most welcome !!! :)

What about a dedicated Windows Mobile Thread? Applications for Windows Mobile as well as a collection ofl Java apps that work on it. Like, everyone can contribute some good apps; paid or free.

^^
Yup, sucha thread shud be created in the QnA section say like the OFFICIAL WINDOWS MOBILE THREAD...

I already created a Ultimate Windows Mobile thread for all quite some time back, but it seems that there are a few Win Mobile users on DIGIT forum.... Check the thread out here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97911

Last edited:
OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

rockthegod said:
I already created a Ultimate Windows Mobile thread for all quite some time back, but it seems that there are a few Win Mobile users on DIGIT forum.... Check the thread out here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97911
Oh. Great. But its a pity that there are so few Windows Mobile users here. :neutral:

Anyways. Ill try to compile good and must-know stuff for the HTC Gene (P3400i) section from the XDA_Devs Forum and post here... :)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

swear..inface u are richer then me (in terms of PC config and gadgets :D ) nokiaE61,xbox and iPod nano !! gr8 !

im still with my nokia 5200 since the past 3 yrs...lol...but hv PSP and PS2 :D

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

@ KPower Mania => Yeah Yeah. A sub 10k phone and we are rich? Is that signature yours? :neutral:

Last edited:

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Oh. Great. But its a pity that there are so few Windows Mobile users here. :neutral:

Anyways. Ill try to compile good and must-know stuff for the HTC Gene (P3400i) section from the XDA_Devs Forum and post here... :)

I own a 3400, but its the one with the wm5, install resco explorer and photoviewer, the inbuilt viewer is damn slow and takes time to load photos.

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ Thank you. Mine has WM6. The Inbuilt viewer is fast enough for my tastes. But I'll see if what you said works the same way as you say. :)

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
hey @ironmanforever...did u try installing TouchFLO on it?...dude, its gr8...install it n plz upload us a vdo of it...:D

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ Installing TouchFLO requires one to Flash the ROM which, I'm afraid, I do not want to risk. First letme get bored with the available options. Once the phone ages, then I'll try all that hacking and modding stuff. :)

A

ankitsagwekar

don't even think to upgrade your rom if u have p3400i
or ur phone serial number start from 8
u brick ur phone
currently it xda site don't have any rom for this new model

Status
Not open for further replies.