Just bought HTC P3400i... Attemtping a Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ Thank you for the pointer. But I have read people flashing P3400i. Oh, first let me check my serial no. Where is that thing written actually? :confused:

A

ankitsagwekar

^^ Thank you for the pointer. But I have read people flashing P3400i. Oh, first let me check my serial no. Where is that thing written actually? :confused:

below battery

look this thread before flashing read this post also

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^^ Thanx.
BTW You bought the HTC Vox S710?

My S/N as under the battery and on the packaging reads.. July 2008 Manufacture.
S/N : HT829FW01577
*img367.imageshack.us/img367/5005/12400137se6.jpg
First Bar code, then IMEI. Second Bar code, then S/N. Third bar code, then P/N. Whats P/N?

So does that mean that my Gene being post March 2008 Gene; cannot be flashed as of yet, and possibly NEVER? :( :(

Last edited:
A

ankitsagwekar

i also has p3400i :)
it is possible to flash this new model but it is very risky to do that
some ppl on xda dev has this same phone and successfully upgraded to new rom

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

^ Do inform me when a safe method comes up. :)
This new model has a different SPL as I have heard. But I fail to understand the term SPL.

Why exactly flashing this model aint safe till now, whereas older ones can easily be flashed? :confused:

Also, as you have the same; do try PointUI Home(free) and Spb Mobile Shell(paid. PointUI Home is very addictive. :D Spb mobile shell is better in terms of usability though.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@ironmanforever: Congrats for a new fone...:D

Review was neat & tidy.....:cool:

@Paranj: U r richie rich dat every body in this forum knows pretty well....:rolleyes: @ least greater than me....

coz i own : obsolete P4 2.4 Ghz,128MB RAM,40GB HDD + Nokia 6030 + Nokia 2310
+ Nokia N82 Black + Bajaj Pulsar (so less than ur collection ryt) :D & last but not the
leats 8-bit gaming console...:cool:

A

ankitsagwekar

i brick my p3400i while trying to upgrade rom :D
nowi sent it to service center :(
when it come back i upload pics and video of my phone

i also got full version of TouchPal / SpbMobileShell :razz:

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

i brick my p3400i while trying to upgrade rom
nowi sent it to service center
when it come back i upload pics and video of my phone

i also got full version of TouchPal / SpbMobileShell
Will the service center recover it for free? And yes, please upload the Pics and Videos. :neutral: I dont have a camera currently. Upload it in this thread itself, will ya? ;)

TouchPal is FREE but buggy. Tried it on mine. :( Wrong key presses. Hangups.
Spb Full screen Keyboard Trial is tatally buggy.
Spb Mobile Shell; I still have 12 days of trial left. :D After that, I'll use PointUI Home, that looks much cooler, its FREE. :p

@ironmanforever: Congrats for a new fone...

Review was neat & tidy.....

@Paranj: U r richie rich dat every body in this forum knows pretty well.... @ least greater than me....

coz i own : obsolete P4 2.4 Ghz,128MB RAM,40GB HDD + Nokia 6030 + Nokia 2310
+ Nokia N82 Black + Bajaj Pulsar (so less than ur collection ryt) & last but not the
leats 8-bit gaming console...
What? New phone? Which phone? Oh that one?.. Its already old. :D
Thanks for the comment.

BTW how can you live on 128 MB RAM? :shock: Especially with XP installed?(If I am right).

Last edited:
A

ankitsagwekar

here is p3400i pics
*cid-a306f983f87b83f4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/P3400i/DSC03682.JPG*cid-a306f983f87b83f4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/P3400i/DSC03692.JPG
*shared.live.com/7JHF3d%21zO6IB0SwJsRoWXg/images/transparent.gif*ankit360.blog.co.in/2008/11/22/my-htc-p3400i/
*cid-a306f983f87b83f4.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/P3400i/DSC03692.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

hahahari

In the zone
The Adobe PDF reader makes an appearance here as well. But for all practical purposes, it aint that usable becaus of the slow processor.

Thats the main reason I opted out of HTC phones :(

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

ankitsagwekar said:
here is p3400i pics
you havent clicked any pics yourself? :confused:

hahahari said:
Thats the main reason I opted out of HTC phones
HTC phones? what do you mean by it? :p This is the cheapest HTC out there.. Its obviously gonna have shortcomings. HTC has some snappy devices up their sleeves. And XDA Devs have changed the scenario for the better..

But its very much manageable for light PDFs with text and small pictures(one gets used to the speed); expecially after I overlocked the processor.
Of course; even the fastest mobile will conk up if you try to open Digit Magazine PDFs! :D

Must have apps

1.HomeScreen PlusPlus(HomeScreen ++) => Today screen plugin. Faster than the default HTC Home screen plugin. Has much more functions. Like easy access to Phone, Bluetooth, etc functions. Mos important function : Overclocking and Dynamic CPU Scaling. Caution: Do not overclock unless you are aware of what you are doing.

2. SPB Mobile Shell => Awesome functionality added.

3. PointUI Home => Looks Damn cool. A good Show-off.

A

ankitsagwekar

My HTC p3400i

At last …..after a gap of nearly 1 years i have bought a new PDA . I was having a hard time with my previous Phone( Virgin C5330)

So i ditched that phone & got my hands over New HTC P3400i. Its a pretty much the thing which i was looking for nice & big 2.8″ touch screen with a equally well formed Windows Mobile 6.0 (this is my 1st Windows O.S mobile device) & i am in love with this interface(earlier i was into symbian dream but now i am going the WM way ).When the word Pocket Pc came into my mind i thought i would have to compromise over a lot of things like audio quality ,but i was quite amazed to see the amazing sound effects of the defauly audio manager of My mobile. The only downer for this Gem is the camera(which is not so important in my case.) & No Wifi connectivity.

This PDA Phone is addressed for newbie user. With the presents of product in this new segment, HTC has entered almost all segment of mobile peripheral user with its various PDA Phone series.

If compared to its predecessor HTC Touch in series, like P3400 alias HTC Gene, and also TyTN II, forms design of P3400i doesn’t has essential change. The external display is still having many similarities with the old brothers.

Differs from model P3400, what relies on Windows Mobile 5, this newest model powered by Windows Mobile 6 Professional. Its processor is TI OMAP 200 MHz.

Application planted at this PDA Phone makes it can access Internet, e-mail, becomes entertainment gadget, and Office file viewer. All of it is because DirectPush Mail, Internet Explorer Mobile, Windows Media Player 10 Mobile, Windows Live Messenger, and Office Mobile.

Its 64 MB RAM capacity is too little. If it plated by larger ones memory, 128 MB for example, to accessing Windows Mobile 6 will felt more pleasant.

So all in all its the best bang for buck @ 9.5K(approx 220$) .Its undoubtedly one of the cheapest windows mobile phones one could ever get

pics here

good news to all p3400i user u can now upgrade to wm6.1 with manila2d
see this post

OP
IronManForever

IronManForever

good news to all p3400i user u can now upgrade to wm6.1 with manila2d
Oh thank you!!

This is something that I wanted since long. ;) Earlier I was hesistant to try any flashing, even if ROMs were ready. But now its okay since I have already lost the warranty.

How?
We were taken to a semi-urban-remote place for data collection/survey work. The accomodations were ok-ok kind. (Im studying MBBS) What happened is, I took my phone to the toilet (there was this power-cut and my sh1t-bag heavy) :D ..

And... (ghoulish music in background.. :twisted:) The phone fell into the bucket-full-of-water that I had with me. The phone was on, and went deep to the bottom of the bucket! My heart jumped to my mouth for a split second! :eek: I took the phone out. I was so numb with fear that I forgot to take the battery out, instead checked my mobile-balance!! :lol: Then I realised and removed the battery.

I removed as much parts as could w/o tearing any seals off so that warranty doesnt get voided. But alas, they had stuck up a stupid sticker which went pink from white on coming in contact with moisture. :mad:

I dried the phone for a few hours. Got too desperate, and checked it out with battery inserted. The phone turned on, but the screen was rotated, and random clicks were happening in the touchscreen. The charging sign was on; without me connecting the charger cable... I felt sick, removed the battery, and warned myself not to touch the phone until it gets dried off completely.

2 days passed; I again lost patience. Inserted the battery. Everything was fine. Didnt connect the charger yet, fearing some short-circuit. 23% charge was there. Used it for 2 hours till only 4% remained. Thought that was enough to clear up any moisture left. Turned it off, connected the charger. Already 4 AM. Dozed off. Zzzzzzzz....
Got up at 5.30 AM (amazingly). Phone was no longer charging. Turned it on, saw that it was 100% charged. WTF?

The phone is okay as of now. It feels a bit slower after the incident. And battery backup is down by almost 20-30% from what it was earlier. Have to charge every other day even on light usage. I dont get much calls. I risked Overclocking and have the puny 201 MHz OMAP running at 273.. :twisted:

Now, I am thinking of getting a rugged phone that can take day to day calling, sms tasks much easily and doesnt lose out on advanced functions as well. Something like Nokia 5320XM.

Will check if any there are any issues with the WM 6.1 ROM and will flash if its impressive...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom