job opporutnities for dropouts

subashj

Broken In
Hi guys,I have completed my 3rd year of engineering but because of a backlog I am not able to get through to final year,I have been trying since two years to clear it but still I'm unable to do so .
In these two years i have completed java and dot net courses,so on the basis of 12th,can i have any job opportunities based on java or dot net domain?
Please help me with this

Minion

Conversation Architect
Very Hard to find a job in IT with only after 12th try to clear that backlog at least you can show you are B.tech.
I have seen some of my seniors they joined very good company even after yearback.
PM me I will tell you how to get this.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
In these two years i have completed java and dot net courses,so on the basis of 12th,can i have any job opportunities based on java or dot net domain?

Not in traditional companies. Do you have any opensource work or side projects that you've worked upon?

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@OP: Man dont worry. Bill gates, Zuckerberg, Dirubai Ambani, Dawood Ibrahim are all dropouts and billionaires. Only those make their own way (unlike others who get a degree and get a job and die) will succeed in life. According to me, Marks are nothing but it shows the world our talent of Memorizing and Cheating

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
@OP: Man dont worry. Bill gates, Zuckerberg, Dirubai Ambani, Dawood Ibrahim are all dropouts and billionaires. Only those make their own way (unlike others who get a degree and get a job and die) will succeed in life. According to me, Marks are nothing but it shows the world our talent of Memorizing and Cheating

You sir, are recommending people to opt for utter failure in their life? Bil Gates and Dhirubai are exceptions they MUST NOT be followed upon. Zuckerberg was a graduate from Harvard University. Bil Gates and Ambani had a zeal for their career. Do you see anything like this in OP or in today's world?

And marks, are not the representation of "our talent of Memorizing and Cheating". Totally wrong. It's totally justified for companies to not provide jobs to low scorers. Why? Because they enjoy whole year, get intoxicated, do **** and don't study, and you want companies to take them instead of those hard working people who scored good and are 200% more capable of learning than low scorers? I personally was earlier a low scorer but high on brain power. So i decided to join them both, I worked hard to score good, and with my geek knowledge, i have acquired respect which earlier was nowhere to be seen when I scored low.

Exceptions are everywhere mate, but remember, exceptions are never to be considered as a desired path.

OP
S

subashj

Broken In
Not in traditional companies. Do you have any opensource work or side projects that you've worked upon?
Not yet but the institute I learn't in have told me they'll be giving a project to work on,so I'll work on that when they give it. You said about open-source projects right ? I didn't get what it means so could you explain about it?

I agree with you ,bill gates,zuckerberg even steve jobs were dropouts but made a name on they're own, It's like right idea at right time .

doomgiver

Warframe

which ones do you reccomend??
i too want to "spruce up" my cv, what else can a student with a yearbacklog and a history sheet of mathematics backlogs do to be more attractive to companies?

im very good with linux and quite comfortable with languages.

Minion

Conversation Architect

yeah,:cool:
Atleast some one who thinks like me.I have seen people who are very good at academics but they are crap in real life although they get job due to high scoring they don't try to get any extra knowledge even you tell them they will make fun of you.
And you know people who don't listen are the most idiotic they are buffaloes who don't care about learning new things.
I have given interviews in many companies their manager even don't know certain thing exist for example using router as firewall using access list.A manager simply smile at me and told me "is it possible" WTF.
I believe if you have zeal to learn something you will definitely success in your life even you face certain difficulty don't get dishearten just show those MF what you can do.

which ones do you reccomend??
i too want to "spruce up" my cv, what else can a student with a yearbacklog and a history sheet of mathematics backlogs do to be more attractive to companies?

im very good with linux and quite comfortable with languages.

Buddy,Try in linux or unix administation there are lots of opening in this domain.

rajan1311

Padawan

we have 1000s of dropouts, how many of them become a Gates or ambani..get real...as for marks, thats the way you a judged, even thought it is a flawed system, thats the way it is. Now you can either cry about it or get working.

@OP: Try finishing your course, i cant imagine any subject that one cant pass if he/she really tries to.

As for job opportunities, yes there are some, but it will be hard as you will have to compete with 1000s for 1 vacancy. I would suggest you try to find where your passion is, then try to be good at it and see how you can monetize it. Small startup companies are the ones who are not very particular about marks, but they want people with a passion. In such companies you can really grow and learn, which would really give you an edge. After that, if you are really really good, then you might jump to bigger companies or start your own.

All the best ! :)

OP
S

subashj

Broken In
we have 1000s of dropouts, how many of them become a Gates or ambani..get real...as for marks, thats the way you a judged, even thought it is a flawed system, thats the way it is. Now you can either cry about it or get working.

@OP: Try finishing your course, i cant imagine any subject that one cant pass if he/she really tries to.

As for job opportunities, yes there are some, but it will be hard as you will have to compete with 1000s for 1 vacancy. I would suggest you try to find where your passion is, then try to be good at it and see how you can monetize it. Small startup companies are the ones who are not very particular about marks, but they want people with a passion. In such companies you can really grow and learn, which would really give you an edge. After that, if you are really really good, then you might jump to bigger companies or start your own.

All the best ! :)
I'm not crying ,I've just become disinterested towards that subject ,I'll be giving it a one last go this time ,by chance it is not cleared then I want to keep my options open.

yeah,:cool:
Atleast some one who thinks like me.I have seen people who are very good at academics but they are crap in real life although they get job due to high scoring they don't try to get any extra knowledge even you tell them they will make fun of you.
And you know people who don't listen are the most idiotic they are buffaloes who don't care about learning new things.
I have given interviews in many companies their manager even don't know certain thing exist for example using router as firewall using access list.A manager simply smile at me and told me "is it possible" WTF.
I believe if you have zeal to learn something you will definitely success in your life even you face certain difficulty don't get dishearten just show those MF what you can do.

Buddy,Try in linux or unix administation there are lots of opening in this domain.
Is it too difficult to learn linux and unix both at same time?

Minion

Conversation Architect
^^ both are different enough to warrant separation of domains.

:wink:Most on linux commands can be used in unix they are same with littlebit difference and doomdriver learn linux administration with CCNA. you will find many opening.

@subashj As i said earlier they are almost same.

krazylearner

poor little me
Better get a basic degree which increases the chances of finding jobs.

this is absolutely right .

during my placement session i saw no company talking about 12.

you need 60 + in 12th and nothing more .

first try to clear your backs. many companies will not even allow you to sit in their placement process with a single backlog .

also in this mind driven world following your heart like steve jobs did can be really difficult.

so be practical .clear your backlog first otherwise 3 years of your effort will go waste .

also marks didn't matter that much .you don't have to be 90 % to be in good company . my own friend with 65 % got selected in microsoft this year .it all depend on your passion.

tc and enjoy

OP
S

subashj

Broken In
If doing any projects can increase the chances of my selection,then projects from which
area I need to do..?

tkin

Back to school!!
First of all if you don't become a graduate, you will not get a job, period, no company will hire you as such, you must atleast get a diploma, as of now you are 12th pass and with that you will get only the job of a garbage cleaner or peon.

Now, bill gates etc, yes they made a name, a LONG time back, zuckerberg was already studying at harvard at that time, which is considered a pinnacle of success, do NOT compare yourselves to them, none of us have even 50% of the brain capacity these guys have.

You could do freelancing, now consider this, there are millions of graduates around india who are trying to do exactly what you do, except that they have a degree and experience, maybe backing, do you have that?

Only sane way for a non graduate to attain success is to start a business, or join a family business, do you have the means to start a good business(say at least 10 lakh capital is needed, and one or more partners)?

Now also consider this, you will enjoy your life upto 30-35 years, so say if you start free lancing and by the time you succeed you are already 50, what will you do with that success?

I know only one guy who is a 12th pass and had succeeded, he started out as a low level programmer in a start up, which got acquired by a number of companies till HP acquired it and he got into HP, but he has excellent communication skills, attitude and can tough it out. So one out of thousands of people I know about, the odds aren't that good.

Atleast get a diploma man.

OP
S

subashj

Broken In
tkin
:I agree with you that chances of getting a job without any proper degree are very few,but I think you do not know that companies hire people not for their degree but for their knowledge which I feel I possess,so if you are knowledgeable enough and you succeed in reflecting your knowledge to them then you will surely be hired irrespective of "degree".

You can not just say to anyone you don't have a future if you don't have a degree ,to build a good wealthy future you need is faith,self-confidence,idea's,and courage to execute that idea.

Your answer had everything in it except the answer for my question for which I'm eagerly waiting,hope you answer it this time...

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
tkin
:I agree with you that chances of getting a job without any proper degree are very few,but I think you do not know that companies hire people not for their degree but for their knowledge which I feel I possess,so if you are knowledgeable enough and you succeed in reflecting your knowledge to them then you will surely be hired irrespective of "degree".

You can not just say to anyone you don't have a future if you don't have a degree ,to build a good wealthy future you need is faith,self-confidence,idea's,and courage to execute that idea.

Your answer had everything in it except the answer for my question for which I'm eagerly waiting,hope you answer it this time...
When you see job vacancies in newspapers, the first thing they mention is the qualification, being 12th pass if you try to apply for one(apart from peon and cleaner) they will throw your application in the dustbin without a second thought, and if you can't get a job, no experience, no job in future, no one cares about your self proclaimed experience, unless you have experience working for a good company no one will try to hire you, sorry but that's how the world works, that's why an IIT passout will get a huge salary compared to even experienced software developers, just because of their degree.

mitraark

Decrepit
FInish your course , that is all I can say.

A senior of mine passed out after 6 years and now has a good job , quite good rather.

Top Bottom