Java Servlet JBOSS help..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hariharan

Journeyman
Hi,

I have a portal on a JBOSS server. I have a servlet and which was working fine so far. But now I have done some modifications to the servlet which I re-compiled on my local instance of the server, then I copied the class files to the WEB-INF folder. The servlet worked fine with the new modifications on my local server. But when I copy the source file( of the servlet ) with the new modifications to the web server which is on a network, the web server repeatedly brings up only the old copy of the servlet, even though i have copied the new class files to the WEB-INF folder of the server. I tried deleting all the old source files, class files of the servlet from the web server, but stil the servlet work with the old copy. Where does this servlet find its source on the web server even though I have deleted its source ( java file and corresponding class file in WEB-INF folder )?

what needs to be done for this to work with my new copy of the servlet which works fine in my local JBOSS server?

The JBOSS instance on my machine in on WIN XP, while on the server its on LINUX Red Hat,. Does it matter?

Anyway post ur solutions to my prob..

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
what is the name of that war folder? is it PROJECTNAME.war?

stop the jboss server and start it using this command
go to bin dir of jboss through terminal and fireup this command
./run.sh -b yourip

on windows run -b yourip

OP
H

hariharan

Journeyman
what is the name of that war folder? is it PROJECTNAME.war?

stop the jboss server and start it using this command
go to bin dir of jboss through terminal and fireup this command
./run.sh -b yourip

on windows run -b yourip

yeah i have my project folder as *.war...

./run.sh -b <ipaddress>

is this wat you meant? wat does this command do..?

should i give my machines' ip address or the web server ip address?

Is it just enough to post the source file ( a java file ) for the servlet in the *.war folder, if i re start the JBOSS server will it automatically compile the java file and place the class file in the WEB-INF folder?

Last edited:

Desi-Tek.com

In the zone
./run.sh -b yourmachineip publicip

it bind the ip with server other wise you may not be able to access site from other machine
you can also bid ip by modifing server.xml

for more detail read documentation

Regards,
Dheeraj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom