Java SE 6 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techbirbal

Broken In
Sun Microsystem has announced the availability of JDK SE 6 for download.

Read here for more *www.techbirbal.com/content/view/38

G

gxsaurav

what about the runtime? I hope thats since it's open source now, it is atleast faster then before, in speed

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
@techbirbal - I don't think it was necessary to link to your site.

gxsaurav said:
what about the runtime? I hope thats since it's open source now, it is atleast faster then before, in speed

Yeah, I find Java 6 faster than previous versions. ;)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Guys, Java SE 6.0 is more faster than previous release since the OpenGL pipeline
is entirely written in C. So from this release Java Graphics will be as fast as C/C++
applications.
Checkout the new Features in Java SE 6.0 click here

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
gxsaurav said:
One of most misunderstood things in the whole IT history. Java sources were already available to all, only under the JRL (Java Research License). You can download build-able sources for both JDK6 and JDK7, and it was also available before Sun GPL'ed Java. Unfortunately, open-source has become synonymous with GPL, at least for the majority. Besides, Sun has only 'announced' the release of Java SE/ME/EE under GPLv2. It'll take some time before they open all the sources to the community under GPL. And, speed of the runtime has nothing to do with GPL. They've indeed improved the whole Java experience with this new release, but that's because of the hardwork of Sun engineers, not GPL. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.