silverlight4

Broken In
I have just started to learn Jave Enterprise Development,
but i am totally confused by the number of different frameworks
available. Which is the best framework in your opinion and why.

Eclipse Galileo -- best JavaDoc support and support of huge range of servers.

good code completion too. although practically u would be using Apache but i used nginx with good response time...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I have just started to learn Jave Enterprise Development,
but i am totally confused by the number of different frameworks
available. Which is the best framework in your opinion and why.

Eclipse Galileo -- best JavaDoc support and support of huge range of servers.

good code completion too. although practically u would be using Apache but i used nginx with good response time...

He is talking about framework and you are suggesting him IDE? :D

Anyway if you're going to learn J2EE frameworks then go learn Struts,Spring and Wicket.

OP
S

silverlight4

Broken In
How is cms like Joomla related to J2EE

Also is learning Hibernate of any use since JPA 2 has made persistence very easy and productive

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
How is cms like Joomla related to J2EE
Its not related to J2EE anyway. May be we can wait for his reply. :smile:

Also is learning Hibernate of any use since JPA 2 has made persistence very easy and productive

That depends on you. If you think JPA2 is much better than Hibernate, leave it. Afterall its an ORM and can be learn easily if you already know one. But IMO, JPA2 is way better than lazy-old Hibernate. :D

OP
S

silverlight4

Broken In
I am currently learning struts and java server faces. i think spring is very complex. How do you compare them and which of these will be most in demand in future

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Dont ever compare a framework. Each and every framework has its own added advantage. Like Spring has IoC. Wicket has less configuration and everything is POJO. So we have to learn a few and work on the one that company wants us to.

I like Spring and Wicket more than anything due to its awesome features. Spring integrated with Wicket and some ORM is like a strong base IMO.

And regarding demand, many newer frameworks will come and it'll go like this. As of now, the most demanded framework IMO is

1. JSF
2. Spring
3. Struts

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
IMO, go for Struts 2 to start with. Its one of the most used J2EE framework in enterprise!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Neither do I dont want to start a debate on this, but i was suggesting that starting with Struts 2 is not a good idea. Its no better than Spring and so if he starts with Spring itself its good for him. The most demanded J2EE FW as of now is Spring and JSF FYI. Was just emphasizing the points, thats it.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
The most demanded J2EE FW as of now is Spring and JSF FYI.

Any links / info to prove this point please?
Because in my whole professional career in one of the largest IT company in India, I always saw more demand of Struts than Spring / JSF.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

I said JSF is most demanded FW as of now. But still Struts has its base and that doesn't mean that Struts is out of the league.

Here is some links :

Struts is the new COBOL; Demand for JSF doubles in 5 months

JSF Jobs, Average Salary for JavaServer Faces (JSF) Skills

JSF passes Swing as the number one Java GUI component model for job demand | Javalobby

OP
S

silverlight4

Broken In
I already know JPA 2, so should i go for Hibernate or not
I see a lot of job advertisements demanding Hibernate
Also what is the scope of web services like SOAP, RESTful
and which is the most popular Java EE server

Top Bottom