Italy Won't Send Accused Marines to India

icebags

Technomancer
international relations, u gotta give some to get some. it was huge mistake to let them go out from this country already, so guess to recover from this, govt didnt see any better way.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes diplomatic back door talks happen with the govt with the presence of an SC judge or any representative of SC..they are kept in loop about this...afterall its their judgement
not true.SC judges don't sit with govt. officials on matters of discussing cases related to foreign nationals because there is no need.you have forgotten but this is one of the reasons why there is a clause of pardon by the president in constitution which is 100% effective against any indian court order including supreme court.in the worst case scenario govt can always use this clause to keep its international promises.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
not true.SC judges don't sit with govt. officials on matters of discussing cases related to foreign nationals because there is no need.you have forgotten but this is one of the reasons why there is a clause of pardon by the president in constitution which is 100% effective against any indian court order including supreme court.in the worst case scenario govt can always use this clause to keep its international promises.

I phrased the sentence wrong..sorry...my bad..didn't come out the way i wanted...

was trying to compare the case with the abu salem deal made with the Portuguese govt and advani...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
What I meant in my question was that as far as I know, sentencing is at the jury's discretion, and that there can be no outside influence. I mean that while it is most likely that the judge will pronounce them guilty and at the very worst sentence them to life imprisonment, the gov't. is not authorized to "foretell" what the decision will be, as far as I know.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
the court verdict will be a life time imprisonment and they well be let off after a few years because of good behavior / pardon appeal

sggupta95

Broken In
i think people are forgetting many important parts of this case:
1)kerala government did not have jurisdiction on the italian marines.yet a case was filed.there were no legal provisions to prosecute these people.
because of this,SC was giving a breather to the government by even hearing the case,and not throwing it out.
and bringing the ethnicity of the ruling party's brass into this is just ridiculous.

She is as much Italian as Bobby Jindal is Indian.....your argument is invalid.

i think people are forgetting many important parts of this case:
1)kerala government did not have jurisdiction on the italian marines.yet a case was filed.there were no legal provisions to prosecute these people.
because of this,SC was giving a breather to the government by even hearing the case,and not throwing it out.
and bringing the ethnicity of the ruling party's brass into this is just ridiculous.

I apologize to the Italian brigade for hurting their emotions, I take my comments back. Thought you could take a joke!!

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
NEW UPDATE Italian foreign minister resigns over marines' return to India | Reuters

Italian Foreign Minister Giulio Terzi resigned on Tuesday over his government's decision to return two marines to India.
Terzi said he was stepping down to protect the "honour of the country, of the armed forces, and Italian diplomacy", during testimony to the lower house of parliament, drawing loud applause from lawmakers.

"I can no longer be part of this government and I announce my resignation," he said. "My reservations about sending the marines back to India were not listened to."

Listen , observe and learn from this if you can and try to understand a dime if you care how horrible country we are living in.

Do you see or even dream any of our foreign minister or any for that, ever resigning for so petite an issue ? Italians have a pride for their country and this shows.
Oh God what have i sinned to be born here under this government ,where Salman Kurshid caught under controversy of corruption amassing funds for handicapped was Elevated to foreign minister instead of him being thrown out and asked to resign.

Top Bottom