issues with 7.1 surround and SoundMax

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklight

Journeyman
my config is C2D @ 2.4 Ghz on a Asus P5B Dlx. I have some issues with sound .I use the onboard 7.1 soundcard and the SoundMax app with Creative 7.1 speakers.
While playback of movies in Power DVD , i find that i am able to hear background sounds and music,but the actual vocals are muted. (centre channel ?? ) But in WMP 11 , i am able to hear all sounds .
Only when i change the setting to 2 speakers using Sound Max app, i am able to hear it all.The sound setting in Power DVD is done for 8 speaker config .
What could be wrong here ? The issue was there with WMP 11 but somehow it now works .

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
i dont think there's anything wrong with ur speaker as its a 7.1 speaker there must setting option for these speaker.......try 2 do RnD

change the speaker settings to surround sound under CONTROL PANEL SOUND.. also set the powerdvd option to 5.1 channel..(also see that you play 5.1 enabled titles). the reason you hear sound in wmp is that because it sends stereo sound to all the attached speakers.

OP
B

blacklight

Journeyman
The speaker settings ( in XP ) were already in 7.1 mode and the dvd is also 5.1 enabled .And Power DVD is also set in the 8 speaker config mode.
The funny thing is when i playback (setting soundmax in 7.1 mode ) is that i am able to hear all other background sounds except the dialogues.Only when i change mode to stereo that i am able to hear the dialogues.

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
hey the soundmax have different environtment setting i'll also used it long back so the ur solution is in sound max software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom