Issue installing NVIDIA GeForce 820M drivers for Windows 7 64-bit

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I recently bought an HP 15-022TX notebook (with NVIDIA GeForce 820M card) from Flipkart. I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit from DreamSpark and downloaded the driver for the card from here.
Now when I run the setup, it gives the following error -
screenshot.jpg

Now, as far as I checked, HP website does not have any drivers for this laptop.
So I headed over to Intel Download Center and used the
Intel® Driver Update Utility. But it seems Internet Explorer crashes everytime I start the utility (tried this with Windows 7 Pro 32/64-bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit).

Now I wanted to determine my Intel Graphics driver so here's the output of 'Right click on desktop' -> 'Screen resolution' -> Advanced settings' -
scr_res.jpg

So how do I determine which driver to download from the Intel Download Center? In 'Find by Category', I looked in 'Graphics' -> 'Laptop graphics drivers' but none of the drivers listed seem to help.

PS - Ironically, I could find help for installing the driver for Ubuntu much faster.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

piyush2202

The Tech Enthusiast
Check the tech specs for your laptop and install the Intel HD Graphics driver first. Then proceed to installing the Nvidia driver.

ankush28

Bazinga
There you go - *downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23885&lang=eng&ProdId=3711
Intel update utility rarely works for me, but google search works always :D
- - - Updated - - -

PS - Ironically, I could find help for installing the driver for Ubuntu much faster.
:yeahright:

OP
nisargshah95

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION] Thanks for the link. I downloaded and installed SlimDrivers Free from CNET and it automatically detected the old driver and downloaded the latest intel driver.

Top Bottom