ISRO To Take On Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ISRO to Launch Satellite Mapping Service
tech2 said:
Taking the global geo-mapping service Google Earth head-on, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) says it plans to launch its own satellite imaging system on its website within six months.

"We are going to launch our own satellite images on the web within six months from now. Our images are quite good and even better than Google," ISRO chairman G. Madhavan Nair dislosed on Thursday.
Source

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
That's great, finally we'll have a satellite imaging system which is completely Indian, maybe some time, foriegn investors will start investing in this. This is great news..

qazranchi

Broken In
ISRO launched the PSLV C-9 with two satellites CARTOSAT-2A and IMS-1 last month.

We are very satisfied with the quality of the images we have recovered from CARTOSAT-2," said G. Madhavan Nair, ISRO Chairman. This proved the quality of the system.

These satellite images will be far more affordable for domestic users than those bought from the United States, which are priced at $20 for one sq km," said K. Radhakrishnan, Director, National Remote Sensing Agency. CARTOSAT -2 in the next three years is bound to become one of the key players in the international market worth $120 million, for remote sensing data products.

sample image from CARTOSAT -2 can be seen at *www.isro.org/pressrelease/May05_2008.htm

*www.isro.gov.in/pslv-c7/photos/cartosat-2images.htm

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
One more great thing is that ISRO will try to capture the images of each & every area of India........:)

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Wonder how long before they get this thing operational.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Regional_Navigational_Satellite_System

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Thats great news... Go India Go...
I really do hope that its better than Google Earth.. ISRO can become damn popular..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
finally i wud be able to close watch my neighbouring girl w/o looking thru the window:D:D

just kidding.....i know looking thru wondows with a bino wud be nyday better than thru monitor:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom