ISP options in Pune ? Wireless/Wired - 512Kbps

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
I already have a Tata Indicom Broadband. Its a router based 512kbps line. IO am fed of those retards.

Do I have any other options available ?

I dont have a telephone line.

Thank you.

Journeyman
whatever you do DONT TAKE YOUTELE ( iqara ) .

I think mtnl is best , so hows your fed up experience with tata indicom ? share with us .

another new broadband is coming up in2cable

thrash_metal

In the zone
56561 is right ... DONT TAKE YOUTELECOM (formerly Iqara) ... false charging , always network down , false mb consumption , bad (rather worst) customer service .... rude employees (threw them practically out of my house with the router and their modem) ........ as a simple example after a fresh recharge they charged me "you have used 6750mb" ...... this was in less than 4 hours and my PC was not even switched on !!!

TataIndicom , BSNL seem to be good choices ... although some people also refer to the Airtel broadband .

sagardani

Lost in LOST
stay away from YouTele and Indicommmmm...... with Indicom I experienced the worst service I've ever had..... I wouldn't like to recall those memories so can't share my experience..... but don't even look at Indicom brochure dude..... Bsnl, Reliance will do better..

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Yeh, Indicom suks big time. If you want a reliable ISP switch to reliance. They are a bit expensive according to the new plan by TATA but cheaper as per previous plan.

I am paying 750+tax for 150kbps unlimited. Its costly as always in Chinchwad. However, the connection never goes down. You should get a nice connection from them.

Other options include Hathway and Airtel. They are not present in chinchwad, or i would have switched to them.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Go for Hathway. I have been using them for nearly one year now.

I have always been on their 512 Blast Quarterly plan.

* Rs 1700 for 3 months (Taxes n all)
* Night 11 to morning 9 unlimited use.
* 3 Gb Daytime data usage (not per monthly, but for the 3 months together).
* Download speeds ranging from 50 to 55kbps. Uploads are really slow.

I liked the plan better than any other, and i could not consider many other options as i needed a connection within a week! The daytime usage comes to around 30 Mb a day, which is enough for daytime browsing and emails, All my downloads and surfing happens in the night!!

sandeepk

Journeyman
I don't have any problems with Tata Indicom as of yet. Even though during last 6 months my connection was down for about 4-5 times. It was up in 1-2 days. Not so quick service per say but I think at least they provided me a internet connection. Reliance was not able to provide connection in my area that is Kothrud. Why??? I don't know? Also BSNL said that they need nearly 6 months to give me connection because of high demand. If this can happen in Kothrud which is the a very high population area in Pune then what can we say about other areas? About Airtel I have not seen a single person using their service in Kothrud. So can't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom