Isometric Drawing

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hello friends,

Well I've been having a tough time visualizing how to draw isometric drawings. I checked out some tutorials on YouTube but they construct the isometric drawing by looking at three faces of the drawing and the problem is we are given just any two faces to start with so its difficult. Where should I get started with? What about the length,breadth and height of the object? which isometric plane should I use for what?

I have an exam tomorrow and I urgently need solutions for the two questions : it would be really useful if someone could just draw the isometric view in AutoCAD and send the .dwg files. That will help me pass at-least.
I couldn't find any forum to discuss about my drawing issues :(

Please check the attachment. IMAG0190.jpg

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
HI buddy my sincere advice is to getoff computer and study the books/imp questions.

The computer exp is not worth to try before exam.

All the best

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Infact I have AutoCAD practical exam tomorrow so it might help actually. Those two are the highly probable questions which might come tomorrow and I need a solution for the two problems asap.Its really important for me to pass tomorrow's test. Any engineer over here who has passed this subject?
*img593.imageshack.us/img593/3720/imag0190ep.jpg

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
You should thank gopi_vboy only, not everyone for atleast replied to this thread.
BTW, Did you pass with the help of Youtube videos?

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
They weren't much useful, because as I said earlier we are given two views(side and top or front and top) of any object and we have to "IMAGINE" and draw the 3-D view(isometric). On YouTube they look at all three views and then draw so I guess the curriculum is more liberal in the western countries. I did find some videos made by Indians but they are far too diluted with poor audio (can barely hear) plus they just do the easy questions which even non-technical people can draw.

As far as the reply from gopi_vboy is concerned, well I'll be doing that for my upcoming drawing exam(non-virtual 60 marks) but as it was an AutoCAD exam, I had to practice on computer only :)

Still, so much of imagination is like expecting a dentist to perform eye surgery. Because I hardly find any correlation of this subject being a computer engineer. Yes, you might argue that what if I end up in a Design Company or whatever, still, the level of difficulty is too much for a computer engineer..It's better suited for Mechanical Engineering people.
I just hope to at-least "PASS" this subject somehow. This is gonna wreck my GPA really badly.

Top Bottom