ISO install RH9

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
hello guys,
i know this is a topic discussed many times but i need help.I have XPand have experience in installing Linux from cd's
I have two cds of Redhat 9(cd 1 and 2).and i want to try out hard disc install.I copied files from the cds to HArd disc and using Nero i managed to create ISO imeages ffor each CD.then i booted from the first disk , typed linux askmethod and completed the flow.But at the end it prompts me that it cant find cd #2 image which is essential for continuing installand reboots to windws.
I have searched the forum and find few links that digit home site has the stepbystep procedure of this kind a install byaround mid 2002.
Can anybody solve my problem or just give me some links to clarify it.

Also my doubt is, Is it neccesary to name the ISO filein the name of the CD Label.I ve named it cd1.iso and cd2.iso. help me.

harmax

Journeyman
i suppose u have the cd#2 iso image in NTFS partition in windows, try puttin the iso in a fat32 partition and it should work, though i havent tried RH9 i faced the same problem whilst installing Fedora core4

hope this solves!!

harmax

Journeyman
i jus followed the standard procedures as mentioned on the digit wesite tats it,but i had a prob installing from the NTFS partitions , tat got solved when i moved 'em to FAT32 partitions, by da way wat was the problem?

ujjwal

Padawan
If I recollect, the install from hard drive method requires you to enter the directory which contains the iso images. In this case, yes, the names of the ISO files are important.

But you can probably trick the installer into continuing, press ctrl+alt+f2 to get a new terminal when the first disc is being installed, type "mount" and see the directory in which the iso image is mounted. After the first cd is finished, mount the 2nd image to the same directory by running

mount -o loop /path/to/iso /same/directory

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
If u have a bootable disk for FC, u can boot from it and when it asked us to press enter, type this:

linux askmethod

Press enter. It will ask for path of media. U can choose from FTP, HTTP, NFS, ISO etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom