Is there any way to Download linux-XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrushij

Broken In
I tried many searches but did not get any source to download linux-xp
I found it very usefull..so i want to have it..
Is there any way to downlaod it??

freebird

Debian Rocks!
the option available is to use torrent.
[SIZE=+1]Please Note!!![/SIZE] After 99 reboots, you need to buy an activation key for Linux XP here or delete it (apparently, it is not "free"). This is the first official international version of Linux XP Desktop 2006. Need Internet Explorer or other Windows applications? Just install and run them under Linux XP Desktop! Thousands of Windows applications are tested for compatibility. You can use data from your Windows data drives, share folders or even logon to Windows domains. See more here
*www.madtux.org/select.php?distro=Linux-XP
^^ this distro is going the same way as Microsoft does!leave it try something better.
My suggestion is try urself Ubuntu Feisty
and go here to customize it- *gnome-look.org

OP
hrushij

hrushij

Broken In
Isn't it a free linux???
Surprised!!!
By the way thanks for it!!

OK Is there any way to run windows application in linux (Ubuntu)??
Or else..

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Wine is an Open Source implementation of the Windows API on top of X, OpenGL, and Unix.

Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine does not require Microsoft Windows, as it is a completely free alternative implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available. Wine provides both a development toolkit for porting Windows source code to Unix as well as a program loader, allowing many unmodified Windows programs to run on x86-based Unixes, including Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, and Solaris.

Source:wine.hq

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Of course it allows WIndows programs to run under Linux, and run directly on the hardware (i.e. almost as fast as they would run under Windows). It simply handles all the system (or DLL) calls that the software makes, since Windows is not present. And of course you don't have to pay any licensing fee for Windows.
:eek:

Last edited:

nach p

Journeyman
IS Wine works properly?
coz I tried radmin and odc some months back but after some time it crashes.

praka123

left this forum longback
U need to buy cross over office,it supports more win apps.is based on wine as is cedega for running win games on Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom