is shifting to vista worth it?for gaming?

Should i switch to Vista or remain on XP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
try to buy the office suite.. its available online or you can buy from any store.. in your city..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
entrana said:
so how will i get ms word and stuff ?

Microsoft office has many components & apps which u may or may not need. What do u need in MS office anyway?

If all you need is Word 2k7, Excel 2K7 & PowerPoint 2k7 then you can Office 2007 Student & teachers edition for Rs 4,000 in delhi which comes with the above mentioned components.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
office 2k7 from ms also has different versions ... business, student etc ...

shantanu

Technomancer
@the_devil_himself : dont cheat in the poll man.. you posted with your another id (temporary) which you used to PM me.. (well last warning for using multiple id) the next time it will be misery,,

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@entrana Before buying MS office@ hefty prices do check out it's free cousin OpenOffice,if it's good enough for you then you will save few thousand rupees.

And core 2 duo is so much better than P4 and P4 will surely bottleneck your 8800GT.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
entrana said:
so office 2k3 xp will work with vista? or there is other office for vista

Even office XP will work in Vista. You can use both Office 2003 or Office 2007 in Vista.

@entrana Before buying MS office@ hefty prices do check out it's free cousin OpenOffice,if it's good enough for you then you will save few thousand rupees.

Yup, this is adviced. OpenOffice is good enough for a single user enviroment. Make sure u distribute files in PDF format then.

And core 2 duo is so much better than P4 and P4 will surely bottleneck your 8800GT.

+10

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i said im not sure man my dad keeps on telling me i can buy whatever i want buy im not sure if id be able to get core2duo, i want to though

assasin

Banned
use the money u were spending to buy office to buy a C2D.i'll see gr8 performance improvements over ur P4.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya use the office cash for c2d ... office 2003 is good enough u can upgrade anytime

alienspiesu

Journeyman
yeah aftr readin a few advice's i wud also suggest witin for the 1st patch of vista n then XP roks man.. n wat do u switch n do.. u dnt even hav more than 10 games for directx 10 in the market today.. wen they make games wich wud exploit the real potential of directX 10 then its worth..

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude comon u expect me to spend 10k for windows vista ultimate and like 7k for office, o please i can spend that money on better things, and just get the pirate vista and office

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
entrana said:
dude comon u expect me to spend 10k for windows vista ultimate and like 7k for office, o please i can spend that money on better things, and just get the pirate vista and office

Windows Vista home premium = Rs 6,700

Office 2007 Students edition = Rs 4,000

You get everything u need. Like I said, u can also try OpenOffice to see if that works for u & leave Office 2007 compleately.

You can also buy OEM edition of Vista & Office which you can install only on one computer for even low price.

shantanu

Technomancer
@entrana: if you want to go pirated no help form here ! so be aware :)

@some members freely discussing piracy... this is a warning to you all.. specially to those.. whom i have warned more then two time,, next time harder action will be taken,,, ihope you guys understand..

thread cleaned.. and please stay on topic..

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
^^ dude i havent decided yet did i right now im happy on my clean windows xp, i mean original

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
m personally facing tons of problems wit vista n graphics....(nvidia)

1gb ram also i dun feel is good enuf n wit norton07 installed....my speed is murdered....game runs smooth but lotsa compatibility issue....plus switching task while gaming is also a mess....thrs still time wen games will b fully compatible wit vista but not as good in xp.....so wait for upgrade

Enjoy~!

OP
entrana

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
xp it is

im sticking to my windows xp, its more stable if i need to ill upgrade later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom