Is my decision correct ???

kk_590

Broken In
Hello friends !!!!
I have just completed my engineering and I am going to join a job now. I got the PC with the following PC which I bought when I started my enginnering

CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3 GHz, 6 MB Cache
Motherboard : Intel DP35DP non-IGP Media Series
GPU : XFX Radeon 5450 (which I bought 6 months ago when my Nvidia GeForce8400 died :cool:
RAM : 4 GB DDR2 RAM (2x2)
HDD : Seagate 360 that I bought along with PC and Seagate 1 TB which I bought later for just 2500:lol: (luckily before the price hike)
Cabinet : Zebronics (don't know the exact model name, but it has two fans on the side panel which start spinning when the temperature inside exceeds some particular temperature)
PSU : Some nasty local made one (Mercury in specific) :cry:
Monitor : Dell 19" with DVI and VGA input with max resolution of 1440x900
It is quite clear that I can't run the latest games like BF3, NFS Run, LA Noire etc with respectable resolution and detail with the current configuration.
Earlier I thought of purchasing an all new PC with a budget of 40-50k but later dropped.
The reason for dropping the idea of new PC is that my processor is still being listed on Online Shopping India | Buy Books, Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Electronics, Accessories, Lifestyle Products | Flipkart.com for a price of about 10k, so I don't think my processor is outdated. (Intel 3 GHz LGA 775 Core 2 Duo E8400 Processor | Processor | Flipkart.com)

Now I would like to purchase GTX560 and a 520 W PSU and use it in my current PC. Is this a good idea ? Will my Processor and motherboard do justice to GTX560 ? or will GTX560 bottleneck my processor ?
Please help me !!!!!!!!

OP
K

kk_590

Broken In
thanks !!!
is my processor good enough to pair with a GTX560 or Radeon 6850
And another doubt is that, my motherboard has PCE Express x16 V1.0 where as all the graphic cards that are in the market today are v2.0, so will they work just fine on my motherboard ??

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Get Seasonic S12 520W PSU For 3.5K and For GTX 560 you can get ZOTAC GTX 560 for 10.8K . But you can get HIS ICEQX HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5 for 11.5K . This card will give you great Performance.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Your processor will do just fine with your Rig. Here's what you should get -

Seasonic S12II 520W PSU - 3.9k
HD6870 1GB - 11k

Consider HD6870 over GTX560 because of nearly same performance but still a lot less power consumption than 560. Both are priced the same. :)

And yes, all PCIe versions are backwards compatible, so it will run fine on the v1 too.

OP
K

kk_590

Broken In
@sainatarajan : can you give the link of the shopping site for HIS ICEQX HD 6870 1 GB GDDR5, because I am planning to buy online as I am not sure if I can get the exact product I selected, in stores in Hyderabad

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
HIS IceQ X H687QN1G2M Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Graphic Card

Top Bottom