Is it th PSU or Unstable electricity?? Which is the demon?

My PC config:
Gigabyte H81M-S1
i3 4130 4th gen
iball 550 watt PSU
2GB strontium RAM
500GB WD HDD
No GPU card
I live in a society where everyone has their 4k/5k stabilizer. So here power fluctuates a lot (sometimes it goes >90 and suddenly rises 250/270v). So without a UPS my CPU suffered a lot and crashed 5 times(realised after these experiences,still in doubt).i used to use my pc for gaming and internet purpose only. i want a stable power source for my CPU. My question is :

Q.1: what is the reason behind these crashes?
Q.2:which type of UPS is good for my Condition(offline/line interactive/online) ?
Q.3: Can a 550VA LINE INTERACTIVE
UPS resolve my problem??
Or
do i have to buy a AVR and then connect an offline/line interactive ups with the AVR
Q.4:do i have to connect these like this:-
Power outlet-> ups ->CPU
Or
Power outlet -> stabilizer ->ups-CPU
Or
Power outlet -> ups->stabilizer -CPU

already spent a lot by replacing mobo,hdd,processor and psu.don't want more heart attacks!!!

Sorry i am a noob.i don't have much technical knowledge.Plz save me by giving YOUR VALUABLE OPINIONS. Thank You!I

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
UPS is not at fault, your PSU is. Don't buy local brands as they don't have enough resistance to spikes. You should've bought a good PSU in the start and could've been saved from all this hassle. :|

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
[First of change your PSU to Antec VP450P @ 2300 + Buy a APC 600VA UPS @ 2.2k] These 2 tasks are the most important, otherwise you might lose some or other components in the future... You already experienced that right!

Add another 2GB Strontium RAM to have good multitasking.

OP
T

TAYLORVEGETOSWIFT

Broken In
Thank you #saiyangoku#bssunil. I searched a lot on vp450p, got a lot of good review but also found that this psu is not Haswell compatible :-/ :-/

OP
T

TAYLORVEGETOSWIFT

Broken In
I have already read every possible comments/posts on vp450p including this one too.
I tried to find c4/c6 sleep state in bios but couldn't find. he(shivam15) has B85 D3H mobo which is different than mine.so i thought i should ask in the forum. Thanks for your help by the way. I'll inform you after installing the psu on monday :) <3

OP
T

TAYLORVEGETOSWIFT

Broken In
So this seller has 4.9 rating on snapdeal and selling this vp450p psu for Rs.2375.
*tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/30/b176a71f08148b55597811a2f5860ab0.jpg
local retailers - Rs.2,900
Flipkart - Rs.2,700 (not available in my location)
Amazon - 2,765
Should i buy from snapdeal?? Is it safe??

Top Bottom