Is it save to buy Chinese brand laptop ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reloaded

In the zone
I want to buy 8gb ram for my laptop, i found some Chinese brand ram on aliexpress with very good price.

Is it save to buy Chinese brand ram ?

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Warning to readers: The link in OP requires sign-in to view.

That being said, depends on the brand. Can you elaborate which brand it is? If it is not very well known, I'd say it's risky to buy it. Better to buy from a brand you know.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
The link is opening fine for me, without any need to sign in.
@OP Make sure to check the compatibility as well (DDR2, DDR3 or DDR4?), or let us know which laptop you have.
ohh and yes, don't buy it from AliExpress. Shed some extra and maintain peace of mind.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The link is opening fine for me, without any need to sign in.
It is asking me for login too & I tried 3 different browsers on my laptop to confirm this.You may be having some saved aliexpress account in your browser settings/some addon.If you look at the link carefully you will notice that it is not usual aliexpress link & it has "wholesale" included in link text which indicates it may have been a wholesaler product link & not your usual seller link which is probably why it is asking for login.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
It is asking me for login too & I tried 3 different browsers on my laptop to confirm this.You may be having some saved aliexpress account in your browser settings/some addon.If you look at the link carefully you will notice that it is not usual aliexpress link & it has "wholesale" included in link text which indicates it may have been a wholesaler product link & not your usual seller link which is probably why it is asking for login.

I am not sure why it is happening then. I've never logged in to AliExpress. This is what I am getting (using Chrome):
upload_2019-6-10_16-21-49.png

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I would avoid aliexpress for RAM. One reason would be losing all that warranty. Also chances of receiving a duplicate are high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom