is i7 2.2GHz Processor in MacBook Pro enough for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
If I buy the new MacBook Pro 15' with 2.2GHz i7 processor, will it be enough for gaming?

I am fine with all other attributes of MacBook Pro 15', its HDD, Video Card and everything else are good. But I am a little doubtful about its processor, as 2.2GHz is not a very good speed for gaming.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pauldmps

Banned
^^Absolutely wrong. Most newer games require at least a dual core CPU to run. And for demanding games like GTA IV a quad core will give a decent performance.

pauldmps

Banned
Earlier, there were single threaded games which did not have any performance difference when played on a processor with any on of cores as a single core was only utilised. Newer games can run multi-threaded in order to utilise all the cores of the CPU. Most newer games run atleast in 2 threads & needs atleast dual-core processor.

It is true, however, that most processing is to be done by the GPU. But as the games are getting more & more demanding, the CPU too needs to be upgraded.

ankit0_0

Broken In
if u want a laptop for gaming go for MSI great price and config u could chech the available models at msi india website and u can even check smc internalional website
and could u state ur budget

pauldmps

Banned
^^^ MSI has some great gaming configs at a good price but the service sucks. I'd rather stick to the more known brands like Dell, Sony, Lenovo, etc.

arjun_x

Right off the assembly line
hey that's enough! gaming doesn't require higher clock speeds
think of the dells alien ware it has only a clock speed of 1.6 ghz!!!!!!

coolgame

Journeyman
the latest games cannot be played on full settings just because the lappy bears alienware:lol:.that one was designed for the older games

arjun_x

hey that's enough! gaming doesn't require higher clock speeds
think of the dells alien ware it has only a clock speed of 1.6 ghz!!!!!!
but you should note that the processor is a dual or triple core one

ps230793

i7 processor of macbook pro 15'' (2011) is a quad core one so its less core clock is due to division of labour. But its really good and using turbo boost can reach 3.2ghz when all cores active and 3.4ghz when single core active. View the link below to know in detail....

AnandTech - The MacBook Pro Review (13 & 15-inch): 2011 Brings Sandy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom