is dere any way to root my galaxy s2 without voiding warranty

cyrax.thehot

Right off the assembly line
is dere any way to root my galaxy s2 (i9100 not G) without voiding warranty

i have updated it from 2.3.3 gingerbread to 2.3.6 via kies, before updating the battery backup was just superb, it gave my 2.5 days on a single charge on moderate use, i dont use packet data at all, when ever required i used its Wifi, now after updating my battery backup has reduced to 1 day n half on moderate use. so i have to charge it daily. so i require to root the phone so as to delete the battery stats.bin and reset it. so is there any way to root it without voiding its warranty.

noob

Cyborg Agent
deleting battery stats.bin wont help..it was already clarified by Google dev on G+ that battery stats.bin and battery life are not related.
Instead try hard reset and soft-reset. It might help... and if possible root it :)

OP
C

cyrax.thehot

root > caliberate battery > unroot

but sir i have read in some forums that once u root the phone means, the samsung company people will know it at the time of claiming warranty even if u unroot it. is it true?? or there r any other ways to re-caliberate my battery, as it is only reason for which i want to root my phone

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
but sir i have read in some forums that once u root the phone means, the samsung company people will know it at the time of claiming warranty even if u unroot it. is it true?? or there r any other ways to re-caliberate my battery, as it is only reason for which i want to root my phone

I doubt samsung will dug that deep to check some logs to find what process was ran on the mobile. Also most problems can be fixed by user. If you need to take it to service center then it'll have to be very close to bricking.

OP
C

cyrax.thehot

I doubt samsung will dug that deep to check some logs to find what process was ran on the mobile. Also most problems can be fixed by user. If you need to take it to service center then it'll have to be very close to bricking.

then sir what is this best way to root n unroot my phone?? n the best way to calibrate my battery ??? just provide me the link if its here mentioned in this forum n sir another noob question do i need to install a custom after rooting my phone or it will work on my stock rom??? another suggestion i need,official ICS for galaxy s2 is going to be released in this month should i wait for it or will i root it now??? will ICS solve my battery issue???

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Z4root has a temporary root option. You can root your phone temporarily, then reboot to unroot it. Not sure whether this will affect warranty or not.

OP
C

cyrax.thehot

Z4root has a temporary root option. You can root your phone temporarily, then reboot to unroot it. Not sure whether this will affect warranty or not.

then its too risky too to root my phone using that app... do u know the exact date when samsung is going to officially update galaxy s2 to ICS???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
then sir what is this best way to root n unroot my phone?? n the best way to calibrate my battery ??? just provide me the link if its here mentioned in this forum n sir another noob question do i need to install a custom after rooting my phone or it will work on my stock rom??? another suggestion i need,official ICS for galaxy s2 is going to be released in this month should i wait for it or will i root it now??? will ICS solve my battery issue???

a small request, don't call me sir :)

calibrating battery means deleting batterystats.bin file so system generates a new file at next reboot. this is same for all roms. so custom rom is not required.

if ICS update will fix battery problem, i am not so sure. but once you update to ICS, you'll loose root so you don't need to worry about unrooting the mobile manually and moreover update can be done on a rooted mobile.

Z4root doesn't support a lot of mobiles nowadays. only option is Unlockroot which roots almost every mobile.

OP
C

cyrax.thehot

a small request, don't call me sir :)

calibrating battery means deleting batterystats.bin file so system generates a new file at next reboot. this is same for all roms. so custom rom is not required.

if ICS update will fix battery problem, i am not so sure. but once you update to ICS, you'll loose root so you don't need to worry about unrooting the mobile manually and moreover update can be done on a rooted mobile.

Z4root doesn't support a lot of mobiles nowadays. only option is Unlockroot which roots almost every mobile.

i downloaded the software, enabled the debug mode, connected it to my pc
but the rooting process failed showing a error ""Failed to get shell root""
now what to do??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it should have worked. well, have you installed the USB drivers for S2? else it may fail to find the mobile hence the above error.

OP
C

cyrax.thehot

it should have worked. well, have you installed the USB drivers for S2? else it may fail to find the mobile hence the above error.

i think there is some problem in my PC's USB ports, i will try this on my friend's lappy n let u know...

red dragon

Master troll
@i.e.,you wanted to root just to calibrate the battery!?
FYI You DO NOT need to calibrate your battery.
Deleting the battery stat .bin files does not calibrate the battery.

After software update do a factory reset and use the phone normally.

To root 2.3.6,first flash it with a insecure kernel...then use one click root.
To get rid of the yellow triangle flash back your original kernel(you won't loose root)
Use a USB jig to reset binary.

Flash an original Indian FW before giving it for service.

Insecure kernel is the easiest(and probably the only) method to root sgs2 on 2.3.6.

ICS will not cure the battery drain.
In fact it will make it worse.

Sent from Galaxy S2

OP
C

cyrax.thehot

@i.e.,you wanted to root just to calibrate the battery!?
FYI You DO NOT need to calibrate your battery.
Deleting the battery stat .bin files does not calibrate the battery.

After software update do a factory reset and use the phone normally.

To root 2.3.6,first flash it with a insecure kernel...then use one click root.
To get rid of the yellow triangle flash back your original kernel(you won't loose root)
Use a USB jig to reset binary.

Flash an original Indian FW before giving it for service.

Insecure kernel is the easiest(and probably the only) method to root sgs2 on 2.3.6.

ICS will not cure the battery drain.
In fact it will make it worse.

Sent from Galaxy S2

i seriously dont want to root my phone...as i have already mentioned above i only want to root it so that i cant delete batterystats.bin to recalibrate it. r u sure about it that deleting batterystats.bin wont solve my problem ????, so do need to hard reset my phone from the system recovery menu ??? do i need to recharge to it 100% before hard resetting or what steps do i need to follow??? plz give me a step by step procedure or if this has been explained previously in this forum kindly just provide me the link...

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
sir pls follow thus link and search the sections for your queries

* forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055

Top Bottom