Is Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

OP
Rockstar11

Rockstar11

Technomancer
BSNL increased the speed of BB Home Combo Unlimited 625 plan from present 256kbps to 512kbps up to a download of 4GB and thereafter the speed will be 256 kbps.

The speed of BB Home Combo UL750 plan has been increased from the present 512kbps to 1Mbps up to a download of 6GB and thereafter the speed will be 512kbps.

only in HYD

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^lol you got it wrong mate.

They have increased the speed to 1Mbps till 6GB, after that your normal plan, 512kbps UL :D

So you are getting 1Mbps till 6GB extra to what you are getting now.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Very useless FUP crap. 6 gb on a 1 mbps connection will be over in 24 hours of full downloading. They have played a couple of wrong cards here :(

noob

Cyborg Agent
BSNL increased the speed of BB Home Combo Unlimited 625 plan from present 256kbps to 512kbps up to a download of 4GB and thereafter the speed will be 256 kbps.

The speed of BB Home Combo UL750 plan has been increased from the present 512kbps to 1Mbps up to a download of 6GB and thereafter the speed will be 512kbps.

only in HYD

I have not experienced any such speed upgrades. I am on BB Home Combo UL750 plan. Also BSNL website is not updated.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@@ To all my digit Forum Friends,those of who are having BroadBand connection from BSNL...
I am having BB Home Combo ULD 900 Plan,which has been "UPGRADED BY BSNL" to all users in India(having the said subscription).:mrgreen::mrgreen:
I stay in Kolkata.West Bengal circle,rather Kolkata/Calcutta circle of BSNL.

Please,have a look here:
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_home_only_unlim.htm;-):lol:

Actually, speed increase from 256Kbps to 512Kbps is much substantial,for users like us in India...

But the 4Mbps,speed remains the same:evil::( till downloads/uploads of 8GB data...should have been upgraded to 8Mbps !!!
Let's wait & watch in the near Future.
BSNL is very, very miser, in allocating Bandwidth to the subscribers,mostly of us.

Last edited:

Anish

Spectre
Similar to the mobile sector, BSNL will loose grip on broadband very soon unless they fail to revise the plans.:chinscratch:
I am staying on BB 500 combo (2Mbps, 1.5GB usage) and I get download speeds of 200KBps. Waiting for a still better plan to settle on. :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya, now the site is updated, I'm not experiencing better speeds. Lets see in few days..!!

For now, it's...

*www.speedtest.net/result/1744542382.png

I'm on 750UL

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Similar to the mobile sector, BSNL will loose grip on broadband very soon unless they fail to revise the plans.:chinscratch:
I am staying on BB 500 combo (2Mbps, 1.5GB usage) and I get download speeds of 200KBps. Waiting for a still better plan to settle on. :)

Yeah, even me think my existing FN600 is good for me. I can overshoot the 2.5GB limit and can still spend less than ULD850 or ULD900 scheme while enjoying 2Mbps speed.

ritvij

rated R
i subscribe to 512kbps plan.. 750 pm.. i pay around 830pm.. today the speed i got is:
*www.speedtest.net/result/1744559048.png

how to check it via download because none of my torrent speed is above 50KBps..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok, confirming the speed upgrade..!!

Don't know why speed tests showing wrong results, but torrent is giving 120kB/s :)

750UL.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
According to the advert I saw few days back my speeds should have doubled today. But that I am sad to report still hasn't happened :(

ritvij

rated R
my torrent speeds are still b/e 45-55KBps.. even regular downloads are 51 KBps. how is speedtest showing 1 mbps??

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
My speedtest result for Plan ULD 900 is(just now):-
*www.speedtest.net/result/1744783721.png

And from BSNL free speedtest meter,ie from speedtester.bsnl.co.in:-

WELCOME TO BSNL BROADBAND (Multiplay Network) SPEED TESTER PORTAL

Your IP Address is: *.*.*.* Date Of Test:01-02-2012 21:42:59
Your current bandwidth reading (in Mega bits per second) is:

6.02 Mbps

(DOWNLOAD speed in kilo bytes notation is 770.11 Kilo Bytes/sec).

Retest Close

WEB DESIGNED BY BROADBAND NOC, BANGALORE

Last edited:
Top Bottom