IRC, AIM or Yahoo Chatroom?

AIM, Yahoo or IRC

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
There has been some dicussion about chatrooms recently. Some want Yahoo while some stay with IRC. So let's vote on it.
Please no arguing about it.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Lol another thread? Have you possibly considered that people would join if there was an active channel? I joined the AIM Chat room for 5-6 times and each time it was empty. I kept Yahoo open hoping I would get an invite but that didn't come either.

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
i am active dude! Didn't you see me!
Anyways, can you tell your contacts and friends to join the AIM chatroom? If you don't, the chatroom will always be empty!
And how did IRC become active? By spreading the news! So why don't you PM somebody about it?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@Macboy
why dont you make an apple chatroom, i hope fellow apples will be willing to hop in there.
IRC chatroom is for some CLI munchers, no wonder you wouldn't feel at home there.

Send invites to all apple users :)

OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
You really hate macboys do you? There is no reason to drive off the topic. So if you are not happy, GET OUT!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
And thh point of this thread as opposed to that of the thread by which this was inspired, is?

PS: Petrifying? Do you know the meaning of the word? With that one word you have literally poured charcoal on everything Aayush has tried to achieve for the Mac community via this forum. Paralyze by fear! Mac! :?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@Macboy
you are acting childish :)
Infact an apple chatroom is in dire need. More than a separate section IMO

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
umm...lolz
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=TduKYjbo7Pc
I used to listen to this song, awesome i say :)

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
wtf!!

OMG,get this straight naabs,IRC is the best thing to happen since hoomans learned to communicate vocally!!

as far as your AIM chatroom is concerned,I am pretty darn sure most of the people don't have AIM ids to join(I know,I dont have any).SO instead of creating useless threads and annoying,otherwise peace loving people, you can ask for yahoo ids of all interested members and start a conference at the decided timings.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
You really hate macboys do you? There is no reason to drive off the topic. So if you are not happy, GET OUT!
Abe itne pyaar se kyon puch raha hai. Do chaar gali nikal Hindi mein :D

BTW kool where is All and none of them option ??

wtf!!

OMG,get this straight naabs,IRC is the best thing to happen since hoomans learned to communicate vocally!!

as far as your AIM chatroom is concerned,I am pretty darn sure most of the people don't have AIM ids to join(I know,I dont have any).SO instead of creating useless threads and annoying,otherwise peace loving people, you can ask for yahoo ids of all interested members and start a conference at the decided timings.

Oh you love peace, pretending to be decent. Whats the point of using WTF. Huh Advising others not to create threads like this. Why can't you keep your A$$ out of it. In what way your bull$hit post is related to peace :p

Last edited:
OP
cooldudie3

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
What the H3ll is wrong with you people. If you don't like this thread or macs, leave them alone. No need to stick your head in and make things worse.
@devil: If you don't have an ID, then create one! I can do it for you too!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
am active dude! Didn't you see me!
The only time I saw you was in the screenshot.
Anyways, can you tell your contacts and friends to join the AIM chatroom? If you don't, the chatroom will always be empty!
Yes sure , the thing is don't you find it odd that I'm asking them to move to AIM to chat with me (I'm the only person there) when I'm already on IRC. The only time it would even justify this if there we're people there who aren't on IRC. Not to metion that people on IRC use more than 1 channel. Example: Ask Mehulved or QwertyM how many channels they are on.

And how did IRC become active? By spreading the news! So why don't you PM somebody about it?
IRC has been active for ages as far as I know. When I came to the channel there were like 10 people max . Now its like 20 +. In the beginning I found it a bit odd. But now I find it convenient. The only thing that you would possibly miss is smileys and Spam (Yes we kick spammers).

Seriously, I don't understand why people have a problem with others using Macs. Although I do find another thread created for the same purpose as the earlier ones kind of odd.

Oh you love peace, pretending to be decent. Whats the point of using WTF. Huh Advising others not to create threads like this. Why can't you keep your A$$ out of it. In what way your bull$hit post is related to peace

WTF is an acronym. Most people on the net including you use it. He said the same thing I did but in his own creative way. Don't you post some jokes as well? I really don't understand what you are being so uptight about.

What the H3ll is wrong with you people. If you don't like this thread or macs, leave them alone. No need to stick your head in and make things worse.
Although I find the Mac alienation kind of weird I do no have a clue why you would post another thread about the same topic over. Why not just create the thing and gradually pick up folks from their Yahoo IDs and invite them over one by one. If you think that the IRC suddenly had 20 users over night then you seriously need tog et your facts right.

Anyway Ill vote whatever you want me to lol. Just PM me what you guys want.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Oh you love peace, pretending to be decent. Whats the point of using WTF. Huh Advising others not to create threads like this. Why can't you keep your A$$ out of it. In what way your bull$hit post is related to peace :p

OMG,you JUST PHAILED at whatever you were trying to do.And BTW is my damn arse,I will do whatever I damn well please with it.Peace!
:p

@devil: If you don't have an ID, then create one! I can do it for you too!

not what I meant!

I just said yahoo is more of a standard in IM,hardly anyone use AIM here.SO why don't you ask people to PM their yahoo ids to you and you add them all and start the conference.

Last edited:
wtf!!

+1
IRC rocks. Its old mature and well supported in any platform.
The only thing that you would possibly miss is smileys and Spam (Yes we kick spammers).
Smileys ? Depending on the client you use, IRC does indeed support smilies.

Why not u ppl ask the admin to install a chat plugin for vBulletin? End of fight.
that would be n00b chat... but it works.... :D

Although I find the Mac alienation kind of weird I do no have a clue why you would post another thread about the same topic over.
Some mac users apparently have lots of superiority complex... :rolleyes:
And some others are hardcore opposed to anything to do with the Terminal... ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom