iPod touch still worth a buy?

ujjwal321

Journeyman
Not at all... If you have a good enough cell phone buy a tablet.. if you don't, sell your cell phone and with that money + the money you are planning to spend on ipod, get a high end phone. Ipod touch is not worth that much money. there are better phones that cost similar or less that are better for watching video and no.. ipod touch is not the best in sound quality. there are many androids today which are better than ipod and iphone in terms of sound quality.

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
@ujjwal321
I agree with what ur saying but hwever now im gonna wait for the so rumiored iPad mini or atleast for the next revision in the iPod series..

daksh

Journeyman
Completely agree with Ujjwal321. Dont go for a 3.5inch device is you primarily want to watch movies . Go for atleast 4.3 inches . Try using them , you would seriously feel the 3.5inch is miniscule . I would recommend you go for S2\xperia S if you have a flexible budget , those phones are much more powerful than the itouch too , also do think if 32gb will be enough for you coz you cant put microsds into an itouch.

And apple products having better touch sensitivity than samsung\sony\htc is a complete farce . I have myself tested all side by side in different tasks and there is absolutely no difference whatsoever .

ankit.kumar010203

Journeyman
Hey there everyone.

I was thinking of purchasing an Apple iPod Touch 4 gen 32 GB variant. But however now I am stuck by a serious question that :

The iPod Touch costs about 19 K. But the fact is at the same time many much better mobile phones are available in the market for the same or even at times lesser price which at times can offer almost same sort of PMP experience (plus you also have 3G support in them to stay connected always).
So.... in nutshell, my question is
"IS THE IPOD TOUCH STILL WORTH A BUY WHEN YOU HAVE MOBILE PHONES POSSESSING SIMILAR OR BETTER SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE SAME OR LESS PRICE AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET?"

I Don't Have So Much Idea About Apple Ipod Touch.I Will Suggest You Some Another Best Mobile Which Is Under 19k-
HTC Incredible S
HTC One V (Rs 18,200)
LG Optimus Sol E730 (Rs 19,499)

@ujjwal321
I agree with what ur saying but hwever now im gonna wait for the so rumiored iPad mini or atleast for the next revision in the iPod series..

I am Also Waiting For IPAD Mini....
Anybody Here Who Know The Price Of Ipad Mini In India?:|

It's totally worth it.

But, IMHO, Movie watching experience on a 7-inch Nexus 7t will be 2x better.

Yes kdroid,You Are Right...But Movie Watching Experience On 10.1 Inch Tablet Will Be 10x.....!!:)

akkib89

Broken In
don't buy a tablet. I am typing this from my ipad 2 and my ipod classic is better than ipad in SQ, i'm sure of it. If you want to enjoy the os then go for ipod touch else ipod classic is also a good option. I will also remind you that till date only samsung galaxy series(the original gs)and iphones have matched the SQs of daps and pmps. You could give it a try but don't expect too much from a cellphone.
If by chance, you buy ipad, And want to enjoy lots of media, make sure you have lots of memory(at least 32gb model is recommended). Apps take a lot of space.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
My experience is somewhat different.
I find sound quality of my ipad2 is much better than the 3rd gen ipod touch and the ipod classic is definitely worst of the lot(not the awesome 5th gen classic though!)

akkib89

Broken In
My experience is somewhat different.
I find sound quality of my ipad2 is much better than the 3rd gen ipod touch and the ipod classic is definitely worst of the lot(not the awesome 5th gen classic though!)

Thats good for you, but whenever I give my silverbullets a trial on both one by one I always feel that ipad2 could have done so much better but failed. Do you use any equalizer app or just the default music player. I have still not found a better free music player than the stock. The only other player I use is aceplayer.

Agreed ipods do not have the best sq,but other than 2 Android device I have yet to come across a semi decent sounding Android phone.

Cowon z2 is to name one but other than its good SQ output it is practically useless. The experience you get from ipod touch is undefeatable.

red dragon

Master troll
Nope!Just the stock player and IE8/7 or SM3.
Equaliser set to flat.
Occasionally use the Eq app in 4s,but it is a major battery drainer.

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Agreed ipods do not have the best sq,but other than 2 Android device I have yet to come across a semi decent sounding Android phone.

Well im not a gr8 fan of the SQ related stuff nd thus SQ is not an issue for me...
BTW i have finally decided to purchase the ipod touch but however i am still gonna wait for its next revision or atleasy for the ipad mini as I had already mentioned....

Top Bottom