iPhone to Deliver up to Eight Hours of Talk Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
iPhone Delivers Up to Eight Hours of Talk Time

Now Features Durable Glass Top Surface

CUPERTINO, California—June 18, 2007—Apple® today announced that iPhone™ will deliver significantly longer battery life when it ships on June 29 than was originally estimated when iPhone was unveiled in January. iPhone will feature up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback.* In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours—more than 10 days—of standby time. Apple also announced that the entire top surface of iPhone, including its stunning 3.5-inch display, has been upgraded from plastic to optical-quality glass to achieve a superior level of scratch resistance and optical clarity.

“With 8 hours of talk time, and 24 hours of audio playback, iPhone’s battery life is longer than any other ‘Smartphone’ and even longer than most MP3 players,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We’ve also upgraded iPhone’s entire top surface from plastic to optical-quality glass for superior scratch resistance and clarity. There has never been a phone like iPhone, and we can't wait to get this truly magical product into the hands of customers starting just 11 days from today.”

Read more...

In the competitive graph they show on that page, they interestingly leave out the weight comparisons that wouldn't have been in their favour. Ah well, that's what you call business.

But WOW, more battery life and a better, more scratch-resistant screen. This phone is gonna be HUGE! :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hmmm... the specs took good! :)

aryayush said:
iPhone will feature up to 8 hours of talk time, 6 hours of Internet use, 7 hours of video playback or 24 hours of audio playback.* In addition, iPhone will feature up to 250 hours—more than 10 days—of standby time.

as a rule of thumb i never trust any manufacterer regarding backup, be it HP, SE, nokia, lenovo or even apple! of corz battery backup again depends on usage which is subjective.

but believing in the company stated battery backup time is like believing in automotive companies abt the mileage of their vehicles!!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, but it is good for comparison purposes. All companies state it under ideal conditions or whatever, which is not possible in real life usage, but at least you know that if one phone has five hours and the other eight, then the latter must be better than the former in terms of battery life. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Something that Arya missed.

The news is given by Apple PR source, so obviously they will try to show iPhone as better then other better devices such as Nokia N95. One image that I wanna show u all, posted at engagdet.

*images.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/competitivedatachart2.jpg

Now I can't stop laughing, that obviously Apple will do a comparision without showing the pros of iPhone. :D. but did they forget all the goods of Other phones too :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
.....that obviously Apple will do a comparision without showing the pros of iPhone.

err.... make that 'cons of the iphone' and thats how every company advertises its products!

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Something that Arya missed.

The news is given by Apple PR source, so obviously they will try to show iPhone as better then other better devices such as Nokia N95. One image that I wanna show u all, posted at engagdet.

*images.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/competitivedatachart2.jpg

Now I can't stop laughing, that obviously Apple will do a comparision without showing the pros of iPhone. :D. but did they forget all the goods of Other phones too :p
Once a stupid person, always a stupid person.

When you start a business and someone comes to your shop, do you say something like, "Oh, you could buy our products and they are quite nice, but look at that shop over there, they have awesome products. So it would be better if you bought from there."

Idiot!

The only two issues I have with the iPhone are that it is quite weighty and does not support native third party applications.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
SE site says that talktime of w700i is abt 9 hours and standby time is 400hours but i dun even get 5 hours talktime and more than 72 hours standby!!!

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
It doesn't have Instant Message Video Audio sending options also

But it is already popular coz of hype lets wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.