iPhone contract from mom to 13 year old son.. Do you agree with this approach?

R2K

In the Zone
The rules are pretty good when it comes to parenting.
But she also set a password on iphone. That might actually keep the kid away from loading up crazy games and apps or even browse sites on internet he is not supposed to visit. :D. But I'm pretty sure the kid is not gonna obey 75% of those rules if she haven't done that.
Also he can't carry the phone to school and have to hand over the phone at night. It is just gonna be a shiny looking version of Nokia 1100 with an apple logo on it.
Why exactly does he need an iphone then? An iPod might have been a better gift though. Atleast she could have saved a ton of money.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why exactly does he need an iphone then? An iPod might have been a better gift though. Atleast she could have saved a ton of money.
Ipod ? She said she wont let him listen to songs.. what else will she expect him to do on an ipod ? Play games ? meh

If a mobile phone instantly spoils someone, then eating a burger should probably make someone instantly obese and die of cardiac arrest.
Its a lame comparison, but I hope the point is clear. Overuse/Misuse of stuff creates trouble, not the stuff if used in moderation. What this mum here appears to do is to moderate the phone usage of her son, while at the same time getting him something he likes/cool/desirable/useful. Good to see good parenting.

totally agree

Guys, did you know that if you restrict some activity to a person, the person will be more likely to do it repeatedly .. its called reverse psychology.. That would be the case on that kid soon enough

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
I dont know if this dumb parent is advertising an iphone or the site which published this is.This letter means as if iphone is the first mobile device having so many features.

Top Bottom