iPhone 5 vs Blackberry Bold 9900

figjam00

Broken In
Guys, I am so confused whether to buy blackberry bold 9900 or Apple iPhone 5.

For blackberry I have following concerns -

- extra monthly charges for the bbm services
- this handset has some battery issues
- one of the priciest model

Iphone -

-Expensive
-I am not used to touch screens

Do suggest me something there is no budget limitation, even I will consider iPhone 4S.

Detailed suggestions are welcome!

Shah

Cyborg Agent
With the new BB devices running BB10 just around the corner, It's not wise to go with 9900, right now. Wait for a few weeks and see how BB10 devices look and read the reviews and then decide whether to choose Rolls-Royce or Lamborghini.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
With the new BB devices running BB10 just around the corner, It's not wise to go with 9900, right now. Wait for a few weeks and see how BB10 devices look and read the reviews and then decide whether to choose Rolls-Royce or Lamborghini.

I would suggest to avoid BB10 devices too. Apps may be a put-off even though BB10 is supposed to be able to run Android apps.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
I am not slamming them mate . BB10 is supposed to be more touch-based and that is supposed to elimate the need for a keypad.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
they sat out a year to give us some mind-blowing features, and a solid, next generation platform... or so they promised. At a time when all others are pushing builds of the OS out of the door just when it barely works, this is a brave move

but guess we will have to wait and find out

ithehappy

Human Spambot
How could you compare those two phones from totally different platform?
Besides you said yourself that you're not used with touchscreen, and that iPhone is expensive, then I don't think you should go for it. It'll take lot of time to adjust with touchscreen technology.
I think you better off with BlackBerry.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ so he does not gets to have the fun of touchscreens ever in his life ??

buddy, buy a samsung galaxy note 2 or s3
you wont regret it..
and much better than blackberrry or iphone.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If iOS- iPhone 5
If Android- HTC One X+

BB10 isn‘t out yet, no telling how it will be. Obviously there will be less apps for early adopters.

n3rd

In the zone
Between those two, I'd easily recommend iPhone 5. You won't have issues with touch screen IMO, it's great.

OP
F

figjam00

Broken In
Even though I have always been a fan of qwerty but in that segment there are not many options apart from blackberry and Nokia. And I pretty game for having touch screen experience. I know touch screen slows the typing speeds as compared to qwerty phones.

I think it is sensible not buy BB 9900 because BB 10 is almost here. But will there be any changes in the qwerty segment of blackberry, if not, isn't it worth buying Bold 9900 now? It has the best qwerty keypad among the smartphones.

And does it make sense to buy iPhone 4S now?

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Even though I have always been a fan of qwerty but in that segment there are not many options apart from blackberry and Nokia. And I pretty game for having touch screen experience. I know touch screen slows the typing speeds as compared to qwerty phones.

I think it is sensible not buy BB 9900 because BB 10 is almost here. But will there be any changes in the qwerty segment of blackberry, if not, isn't it worth buying Bold 9900 now? It has the best qwerty keypad among the smartphones.

And does it make sense to buy iPhone 4S now?

The iPhone 4S is definitely a good buy. But if you can afford the 5,why buy a 4S ??

If you can manage without Bluetooth, its the iPhone. If you cant , its still the iPhone for me.
The iPhone 4S is small by todays standards . Also the 5 is thinner , lighter and performance is better.

R2K

In the Zone
iphone 5 is the way to go. And I don't get what some of them are saying about "touchscreen experience". You will get used to it within a day and considering the smoothness of iOS its gonna be way easier.
And also browsing internet on a device with no touch screen is a nightmare.:evil:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
at least some bb10 devices will have touch as well as qwerty, on the lines of nokia asha 303, these models coming to India is a minimum of six months away though
it is true there are no options in the segment apart from bb and nokia... this is pretty unfortunate
4S is a good device, worth buying, but 5 is better. app developers have cut-offs for the models they design for, or minimum requirements, 5 will outlast the 4S.

iOS has no visible file manager on the device, bluetooth transfer of files is not available, and files have to be opened with an app directly from the source, you cannot save say a pdf file and then open it with another application
if these things are likely to be bothersome, consider Note 2... but not SGS3

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
holey :censored:, its a no brainer. iphone 5. unless you really think spending a large amount of money on a good for nothing blackberry qwerty keypad is really worth it.

oh, and if you were waiting for the BB10. then id suggest stay away unless you are a tech freak, early adoption of technology is often the best way to burn your money .... no OS except ios has got instant recognition by millions the day it launched. (thanks iSheeps' or i:censored: )

:mrgreen:

Sarath

iDota
Please do not buy the Blackberry.

Get the iPhone 5 hands down. If you could post your requirements then maybe we can recommend Android, which is more cost effective than both BB and Apple.

Just forget about the BB completely. Even iPhone 4 and Samsung Galaxy S2 (both of which are 2 years old) could easily beat the BB phone you are talking about.

Post your requirements so that we can help you choose better

It'll take lot of time to adjust with touchscreen technology

:tired:

Top Bottom