Introducing the NEW Dell Studio Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya, I wonder Y u poke your nose even when U don't know anything. None of your posts r relevent to this thread.

That huge fan is a silent standard 120mm fan which runs at low RPM & low noise but exhausts more air.

Dell sux by going for Intel platform with this PC. They could have achieved more VFM by going with AMD 780G chipset & Athlon64 X2 BE 4850, enough horse power & low heat output. Even nvidia chipset would have been good here.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I suspect that Dell’s engineers have a much better idea of what’s better for their machine than you do.

And I know it for a fact that it doesn’t run silently. Buy it and let us know.

If anyone hasn't Noticed i think Dell has made this thing up from laptop components . that's why it's so small and runs at very less power(possibly from a laptop charger).

That way the price seems pretty justified to me .
Of course they have, just like Apple has made the Mac Mini and iMac from notebook components.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
According to Arya, only Apple used laptops component r silent :D.

We can make such small CPUs too using Icecool CPU cabinet & desktop component.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Of course it will be quiet.

arya, I wonder Y u poke your nose even when U don't know anything. None of your posts r relevent to this thread.

That huge fan is a silent standard 120mm fan which runs at low RPM & low noise but exhausts more air.

Dell sux by going for Intel platform with this PC. They could have achieved more VFM by going with AMD 780G chipset & Athlon64 X2 BE 4850, enough horse power & low heat output. Even nvidia chipset would have been good here.

+1
From pc mag
The system uses only 1 watt of power when off or in hibernate mode, a frugal 26W while sitting idle, and 44W when the system is fully taxed, as on the CineBench R10 test

44W power usage on full load. Those who have minimum knowledge will know that the fan's will be running (if necessary) at absolute minimum decibel level.

Yes. AMD would've been a better value for money.

780G is an awesome chipset. There were lot of posts/reports that it can run crysis. And it costs less than X3100.

But all the components inside Dell studio hybrid are made-for-laptop components. I don't think 780G is available for mobile platform and hence it may not be possible to use it on Dell studio Hybrid.

Just my two cents.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The form factor is surely a welcome move. Whats the best setup? Hook it up via HDMI to a large widescreen TV and haf it tucked away in a corner. 44W is purely acceptable for such a config and form factor on the non-Mac platform. Of corz Mac Mini is better anyday..

They’re not. Look at the huge fan(s) on the back.

ZOMG :lol:... look.. the two most well-informed people of this forum are interacting :D And neither of them has even seen the product in person [Ok.. I'm just supposing this :D ]

According to Arya, only Apple used laptops component r silent :D.
And where has he said so?

There is no 780 for the laptop yet. IMHO they'll prolly used a good set of hardware components for the price and power mentioned.

Thats most stupid comment till now.

I want a fking HT PC not laptop... WTF? Actually I'd rather buy a PS3 for half price. I can do more with a console than this thing, including computing.
His might be a stupid comment, but YOU made a rather good one. PS3 + 24" TFT is going to seriously PWN this setup. IF it had a TV tuner that is... :p

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I want a fking HT PC not laptop... WTF? Actually I'd rather buy a PS3 for half price. I can do more with a console than this thing, including computing.

*img111.imageshack.us/img111/5320/batmanreturnsthedarkkniqx7.jpg​

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
WTF TFT? I want a HDTV!

any specific reason he specifically mentioned 24' TFT?lol.naab.err...do you think TFT's can't be hdtv or some other sh!t.OMFWTFLOLOL.

and no console can match a thoughtfully built HTPC,console might be a cheaper option though.

ontopic:so what dell have done is ripped off screen and keyboard from laptop and fit it into a box and selling it.Think about it...It is certainly not portable,I mean you do need a screen and keyboard et al,so I would rather buy a full fledged PC for the same price and invest in noise reduction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom