InterVideo WinDVD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys i hv a prob wid dis piece of s/w. I hv a bought a lcd screen, so wenever i play a dvd, my screen displays d movie in a very whitish tone. I hv a nvidia geforce4 agp card.
help me out guys! wat do i do?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Ok ok Patience . !
First and formost do color calibration on your LCD. Will sortout the most of the problems.
Second tell us wheater this issue is also with the games .
Go to settings ..select VIVID profile or Theatre in Video settings . Adjust contrast and you will be done.

no dude! this prob only comes up while playin dvds in intervideo windvd.

no problem elsewhere. n ur advice for chging d setting also does not help. sry to say.

gimme sum other advice

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Have you tried other DVd playing softwares . Do you get the same response too .
Enable write combing and try playing with hardware acceleration under Display settings .
Tell us hows windows Media player 9 show the dvd image.

siddharth

Right off the assembly line
Prob seems different to me. Try asking for support from the manufacturer. See guidebook. Try different movie, software or monitor.

freshseasons said:
Have you tried other DVd playing softwares . Do you get the same response too .
Enable write combing and try playing with hardware acceleration under Display settings .
Tell us hows windows Media player 9 show the dvd image.

dude, windows media player 9 does not support dvd playback.
Dvd movies played perfectly on my earlier CRT monitor. But since iv upgraded my monitor to a tft, i prefer to use this one only. N i ges windvd is d best s/w to run dvds. So, i prefer to run dvds on this s/w only. Btw, vich other softwares do u recommend?
Another thing which i noticed today, the movie started playing normally (as it should wid all colours), in windvd, but after 5-10 min of succesfull playback, it chged back to the older thing - showed all white.
Well, the dvd is a genuine one. It plays good on all other systems (also on my dvd player). But i want it also to play on ma comp!

IV TRIED ALL POSSIBLE TWEAKS, BUT NO HELP. PLZ HELP ME!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Yaa windows media player 9 does support playback of dvd using 3rd party software. Meaning if u have instaled windvd on you pc or any other dvd playing software it can run under wma 9 , 8)

ohh! i dinno bout that!
Well, iv tried playin d dvd in wma 10, but still d same. the movie still plays in a very whitish tone. the settings wont allow me to chg the colour settings

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
1) First check wheather this happens with the same movie you play or every movie.
2) If your Old CRT played the same movie with correct settings then check wheater your LCD has magic brightness feature as samsung monitor. Some on samsung monitors have this feature where by color Contrast is automatically adjusted depending upon the type of the contents played , like game , movie , Text document..
3) Go to advanced setting under display properties and Set overlay Contrast to minimum and see if it helps.
Tell us if this helps.

it happenes wid all movies (vcd or dvd). ma monitor does'nt have such a feature. n chging the setting in da display seting does'nt help.

IV TRIED EVERY DAMN SHIT POSSIBLE MAN! NUTIN HELPS!

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
futuristically_ancient said:
IV TRIED EVERY DAMN **** POSSIBLE MAN! NUTIN HELPS!

Guess just take the damn piece of thing to the dealer and tell him this LCd loses its Screen quality and looks hazy after 5 minutes of watching..
Don't think there much we can do here ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom