Internet security?

Journey

Broken In
Re: Internet seccurity?

I am using Avira antivir for antivirus and hotspot shield for internet security. Both are free and dependable.

I have also tried spyware terminator, AVG and Kaspersky in the past, they were all decent but kaspersky required very frequent update of the free licence to keep updating the virus databases.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

last update april 10

now total download is 80 mb so I really dont want to update it. Btw use it very precautiously and do Spy bot scan once in 2 weeks
p.s- pls dont laugh at my last update date :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think avira is best regarding updates too - if you update daily it will use 1-5 MB but if you want to update it fater a long day say once ina month there's ~45 update database which can be downloaded from their website and the AV can be updated in even offline mode with that.

paroh

Padawan

Avira or Avast (Antivirus) with comodo firewall (Best combination)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

last update april 10

now total download is 80 mb so I really dont want to update it. Btw use it very precautiously and do Spy bot scan once in 2 weeks
p.s- pls dont laugh at my last update date :)

are you using some really old version of Quickheal? why not download a new package (same version if new not launched) & than try the update? it'll surely fix the problem. & i feel is 80Mb is the total database released since April 10.

J

Joker

just use avira antivir free personal edition and get over it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

@Joker
No mate. Firewall of Quick Heal is real good. Coupled with good virus engine its a good AV.

Avira is best free option available now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

other softwares do it. maybe quick heal will uninstall the installed version & then install the new one. it may then reject the license. which is possible.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I did install 2011 version in my desktop..quite nice..it was given by digit last month..

What do you think about Kaspersky? I feel its bad and needs us to update it 100 times a day !

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

i personally feel Kaspersky to be a bloatware(i have used it for 2 weeks, scrapped it later)
don't flame me, just my opinion

I think new users or gamers(who require every bit of the resources for themselves)
are much much better off with an Antivirus like Avira(great detection and protection but mediocre self protection)
and a full fledged Firewall like Comodo with DEFENSE+ enabled)
The Defense+ of Comodo can really work wonders given that you can set it up properly

i feel the security of your PC doesn't quite depend on the number of big name softwares you use,
but their ability to complement each other's weaknesses
for example Aira's Process self protection can be quite mediocre(compared to that of Kaspersky)
But when coupled with Comodo (proactive Security Mode) the Defense+ prevents any and every attempt to tamper with registry settings or unauthorized attempts by any malware to shut down the Antivirus

p.s.
Kaspersky is for paranoids who love loads of FPs :D
Even if you pair up Avast Home with Comodo FW, it will anyday be much better than Kaspersky Internet Security
I have quite deliberately avoided QIS which is not worth your time

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

Thanks for detailed post.

Kaspersky needs complete overhaul especially update and main enginge

i personally feel Kaspersky to be a bloatware(i have used it for 2 weeks, scrapped it later)
don't flame me, just my opinion

I think new users or gamers(who require every bit of the resources for themselves)
are much much better off with an Antivirus like Avira(great detection and protection but mediocre self protection)
The Defense+ of Comodo can really work wonders given that you can set it up properly

i feel the security of your PC doesn't quite depend on the number of big name softwares you use,
for example Aira's Process self protection can be quite mediocre(compared to that of Kaspersky)
But when coupled with Comodo (proactive Security Mode) the Defense+ prevents any and every attempt to tamper with registry settings or unauthorized attempts by any malware to shut down the Antivirus

p.s.
Kaspersky is for paranoids who love loads of FPs :D
Even if you pair up Avast Home with Comodo FW, it will anyday be much better than Kaspersky Internet Security
I have quite deliberately avoided QIS which is not worth your time

Flaming others and not expecting to be flamed, pathetic. Just say that your rig is too shitty to handle KIS. That would be enough.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

lol i didn't direct my post towards you or anybody for the matter
i just presented my personal views against Kaspersky and all the other big name big money security suites out there,(like kaspersky, norton etc)
which you took personally

almost 3 years in the forum and you still act like a kid with a tendency to pick fights
i would've expect you to behave more maturely

learn to have a thick skin old boy
you aren't new here :|

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I used Kaspersky before..it downloads 20000 kb thrice each day

which version?

What do you think about Kaspersky? I feel its bad and needs us to update it 100 times a day !

don't update 100 times. update just once or 2 times a day. should download 400-500Kb at most.

which version & was your PC slow then? with less ram?

this is true for the fake gamers only. who try to run Crysis or Metro 2033 with everything maxed out on a C2D with 2Gb ram & a entrylevel card. for the rest, with a fast proccy, 4Gb ram & better graphics, one will loose only 4-5FPS at most.

for those who don't want to save their cash for games, Avast + Comodo will work just fine.

true.

lol i didn't direct my post towards you or anybody for the matter
i just presented my personal views against Kaspersky and all the other big name big money security suites out there,(like kaspersky, norton etc)
which you took personally

almost 3 years in the forum and you still act like a kid with a tendency to pick fights
i would've expect you to behave more maturely

learn to have a thick skin old boy
you aren't new here
I was merely defending KIS against a ignorant post. Nothing else.

Top Bottom