Internet Query !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
hi guys.. i use BSNL's Dial-Up conn to connect to the internet. Usually i can see 35 - 45 Kbps speed shown when connected to the internet. But when i d/l i dont get anythin above 5 Kbps. I use flashget 2 d/l. Why is this huge difference. Help needed. Thnx in adv.

u use flashget with 10 parts split right? it only shows the speed of every mirror, not the total one. so if u get 5 kbps for one mirror, total kbps is actually 5x10=50kbps. happy?

anomit

In the zone
dheeraj_kumar said:
u use flashget with 10 parts split right? it only shows the speed of every mirror, not the total one. so if u get 5 kbps for one mirror, total kbps is actually 5x10=50kbps. happy?

You goofed it up!!!! 8)
When one is connected using dial up, Windows shows the speed as 50.6 Kbps and download managers show them as KBps.

Shwetanshu is right

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
dheeraj_kumar said:

But once i d/l with only one mirror and at tht time too it doesnt exceed 4 Kbps. But i accept all your replies tht conn is shown as Kbps and Flashget speed is KBps.

Status
Not open for further replies.