Internet in bombay

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild_gabriella

Right off the assembly line
hullo all
I have just moved to bombay and a friend advised me to log onto this website ! i am looking for an internet connection and was advised to take a MTNL . can someone advise me as to how to go about it ?
and also is it a good connection ?

i am based in mumbai.

thanks for the help

xoxo
Gaby :p

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Looks like a foreign import to the Island of Mumbai..lol. (judging from ur "xoxo" signs..) neways plz dnt mind it :)

Ok, well cuming straight to the point, well u can go in for MTNL wich has various plans starting from (i guess) Rs.300 per month to upto Rs.900/-

I myself hv a MTNL BB (bb=broad band) connection wich gives a speed of upto 2 Mbps (it may fluctuate) hence the upto word is underlined :)

The mtnl connection will also depend on ur location of stay in Mumbai .,,,, So if u can specify ur location then it will be better to list out sum other option of BB providers in ur locality.. :)

Cheers n e-peace...

OP
W

wild_gabriella

hiii :)

i already checked out the tariff plans and conditions !
what i am more curious about is !

where to go to fill the form ? can i do it online ?
do i need to get a landline phone first or do they install it along with the internet connection ?

how long does it take for installation ?
so ideally the whole 'getting the connection' process so to say !

i am living in andheri west !

thanks for all your help !! :)

xoxo

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
who is ur isp .... they will come to ur place get the form filled and take it ... and then in abt 7 days ....

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
wild_gabriella said:
hiii :)

i already checked out the tariff plans and conditions !
Good.

wild_gabriella said:
where to go to fill the form ? can i do it online ?
You cannot do it online.Visit your nearest sanchar haat.It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes flat.
wild_gabriella said:
do i need to get a landline phone first or do they install it along with the internet connection ?
You need a landline connection to subscribe to MTNL broadband.This is their strategy for selling landline connection which were completely beaten by cheap mobile phone connections.

wild_gabriella said:
how long does it take for installation ?
2-3 days at most.

wild_gabriella said:
thanks for all your help !!
No problem.:)

XOXO:whats that?hugs and kisses?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
missed th first post ... dont go for mtnl has been giving consistent problems in mumbai ....

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well to be honest all isps suck more than the other ... but the problem with mtnl/bsnl is that connectivity is hardly there .... where as im using tata now days shifted from sify which sux big time and is the worst company and if i ever get a chance i wud fire every individual there and dont know wat i wud do with the founder ... neways tata is good and airtel too has good connectivity here in mumbai

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I find Airtel best in term of support. Support within maximum 24 hours with definite solution.Even call 121 and get 24 hours free voice support.

OP
W

wild_gabriella

so let me get it right !
1. i apply for phone (how long does that take now ?)
2. then i apply for the internet connection

wats a sanchar haat ? i am based in andheri west !

thanks for the help guys

xoxo

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
wild_gabriella said:
so let me get it right !
1. i apply for phone (how long does that take now ?)
2. then i apply for the internet connection

wats a sanchar haat ? i am based in andheri west !

thanks for the help guys

xoxo

Well AFAIK, since u are located in Andheri-West, U can hv various other options like Sify BB(bb=broad band), Hathway BB and ofcourse MTNL,

In case of MTNL, u will hv to apply for a landline handset a.k.a Landline phone connection (a wired one remember, DO NOT go in for a Wireless landline phone set from MTNL, it $uck$), so

for applying for an MTNL LL (landline) it will take a min of 1-2 Weeks but if u go to their office and tell them face to face tat its urgent, they will get it done in 4-5 days... and ur MTNL BB connection will also start from tat day onwards...

In case of other ISPs (internet service providers) like Sify BB or HAthway BB, they will install a LAN card inside ur CPU of ur computer and will connect a cable cord (wire) wich will provide u with an internet connection that simply means.. NO LANDLINE phone connection required.. :)

So u can choose from these options.. :)

for other ppl viewing this thread..... xoxo stands for Hugs adn kisses... :D

Cheers n e-peace....

...Ashu...

OP
W

wild_gabriella

anyone have any idea of the initial cost involved ?

i have been advised to get airtel or mtnl !
and from what i hear mtnl is really good !

but as long as i get the internet with the phone i don't see a problem !!

thanks for your help guys !

Also does anyone know the location of this office ?
thanks !

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Whichever internet service provider u choose,plz dont go for sify broadband.
their service totally sucks...speakin frm personal experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom