Internet Explorer on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
P.S. - Before anyone starts bashing me for posting this topic, let me tell you there are some sites which works only on IE. I needed to access one such site and while searching for solution came across this...

Before installing Internet Explorer you need to install the following packages
#apt-get install wine cabextract
Now youi need to download IEs4Linux script from here
$wget *www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/downloads/ies4linux-2.0.3.tar.gz
$tar xzvf ies4linux-2.0.3.tar.gz
$cd ies4linux-2.0.3
Once you are inside ies4linux-2.0.3 directory you need to run the following script to install internet explorer
$./ies4linux
This will install the internet explore in your machine and after the end of installation it will give you from where you need to run IE6.from my machine i am using the following
$/root/bin/ie6
This will open IE6 and you can see internet explorer in action :D

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Install opera, go to that site, right click, select Edit Site Prefs. select Network Tab and select Identify as IE or Mask as IE instead of Identify as Opera. :)

ray|raven

Think Zen.
@sachin_kothari
Why wud we want that **** in linux?
Most sites support all browsers now and if u got one that hangs on IE only, u can use the method suggested above.

Regards...
ray

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
rayraven said:
Why wud we want that **** in linux?
Most sites support all browsers now and if u got one that hangs on IE only, u can use the method suggested above.

Regards...
ray
For Sites which support only Firefox or IE, i use it. :)

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
The Unknown said:
Install opera, go to that site, right click, select Edit Site Prefs. select Network Tab and select Identify as IE or Mask as IE instead of Identify as Opera. :)
i tried opening *10.240.240.195/webLogin.jsp with your method in opera. it did not worked for me. it gives me this error
Code:
Sorry, you cannot access portal because your explore is not Cookie-enabled.
Please set your exploreCookie-enabled, and access portal again!

This despite me enabling cookies in opera.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
RayRaven - Yeah, its sort of BSNL's Dataone portal for checking usage etc.

@Sachin_Kothari - Try and avoid POS as much as possible, at least on Linux. Use the various Dataone scripts available (In Perl/Python, etc) and/or the addon for usage monitoring. The "Identify as IE" works for me, maybe you can try viewing the allowed cookies settings or something like that in Opera. I used a user agent switcher in Firefox instead ..

praka123

left this forum longback
use the script if opera too doesnt work.for me Firefox can login,furthur it doesnt work.with opera (identified as opera) the page works very well.i use opera-static for Linux(dont want qt in the system :p )

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
praka123 said:
*10.240.64.195/nonie_webLogin.jsp
^ :D ^ try this on opera/ff2
it works great. :D
thanks prakash for that link.

edit: in firefox i can only login. cant do anything else.
opera works fine. :)

Last edited:

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
The Unknown said:
It doesn't open for me. I think it is for BSNL DSL users only. I use Relaince DSL. :)
Because that's a 10. series of IP, which is private to BSNL maybe.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The normal DataOne portal works fine for me in Opera once I set it to be masked as Internet Explorer. I am using the Mac version of Opera though so there might be some difference, though I doubt there would be.

praka123

left this forum longback
praka123 said:
*10.240.64.195/nonie_webLogin.jsp
^ :D ^ try this on opera/ff2
this link works without masking as internet explorer.it is the default here in Kochin if i try *sancharnet.in/dataoneredirect.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom