International phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

soniapatel42

Right off the assembly line
Does the “ i ” in the phone name means it is international?
Example k550i
Can phone bought from India, will work in other Europe countries ?
Can k550i works like that? Or I have to buy another phone?
I may buy k550i. Is is good phone?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nope. It doesn't depend on nomenclature.

You need to check if the spectrum provided by the govt. in that country is supported by your phone.

eg: I have a Nokia 6300 and it's a triband phone with GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 support.

This means I can use it on networks working on 900Mhz or 1800 MHz or 1900 MHz spectrum.

If I check UK, these spectrums are used by Vodafone in UK and hence I can use this phone without any problem in UK.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
European countries need quad band phones I think,they don't have either of the connections ^^ mentioned.I am not sure though.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
In Australia, you get these phones for much lower price under a 2 year contract. Think about it again.

*www.three.com.au/threestore/mobiles/SE-K850I-CAP029.xhtml

$18 Monthly handset repayment on the $29 Cap with $20 minimum monthly spend over 24 months

But you get the mobile free if you use the $99cap plan and along with it you get

$800 worth calls/SMS/others
$280 worth free national calls to 3mobile customers.

On the whole, this is much better way to take mobile if you are gonna stay in AUS for 2 years.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Just check in the Mobile network providers sites for the frequency that they cover. It's as simple as that :)

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Does the “ i ” in the phone name means it is international?

The i in the model name represents "improved". These models are the improvised version of their counterpart. e.g. Samsung D900 which originally dont have fm radio. The company improved the model and released D900i which has fm radio inbuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom