Internal mail access by externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
Dear All,

First of all, i don't know about the correct category for this post and I hope it is not illegal either.
The scenario is, we are having internal mail based on Lotus Notes, and i want to use my mail thru thunderbird or mobile. Earlier, i thot it is not possible, but after thinking the below points, i think it is possible.

1. Mail Server is separate, its Domino Server.
2. We are using clients, its Notes
3. We are having a mail server name which is reflecting in show details [external mails].
4. We are able use the mail thru web mail
5. Notes clients only use TCP/IP port, not lan.

Now, as client and mail server are from IBM, they have programmed all connection setting internally. means pop/imap/smtp, no setting required after installing the notes clients.

so my first question is that can it be really possible to access the mail from externally, mean using outlook/thunderbird or mobile.

if you guys think it is possible.. then you will discuss the next phase.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are talking about your company mail... then your company must have an URL to access them from outside. Just inquire about the URL. Just make sure you close your Lotus Notes before you leave office.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
yes, we do have and we used to access mail thru that also.

for your kind info, there is not link with lotus for that url. its webmail, you can use both at same time.

i am talking about accessing mail thru pop and smtp. its pop cus thru blackberry, your sent item is reflecting in Inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom