walker916

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:autodesk softwares like maya,3dsmax,vray rendering..gta 4,battlefield 4 and upcoming titles
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 45k,,5k if its needed very badly

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: NO,samsung TFT 17'' monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I have keyboard,mouse,speakers,250gb harddrive,

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: this weekend

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore,locally

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:any i5 4th generation processor,

Cilus

laborare est orare
For GPU, here nVidia 600 series is the best choice. It is good for gaming and nVidia performs better in maya, VRay and 3DsMax renderring due to better CUDA library support. However, for Processor, I think at your budget, FX-8350 is the best choice.

Intel Config

Intel Core i5 4430 @ 12.6K
Gigabyte GA-B85-D3H @ 6.4K
Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 MHz 8GB DDR3 @ 4.8K (Kingston HyperX DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) PC RAM (KHX1600C10D3B1/8G) - Kingston: Flipkart.com)
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA III 6 Gbps HDD @ 3.1K
Zotac GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5 @ 10.4K
Antec VP450 PSU @ 2.7K
Asus 24X SATA DVD R/W @ 1K
NZXT Source 210 ELite Cabinet @ 2.8K

AMD Based
AMD FX 8350 @ 12.5K
Asus M5A97 R2.0 @ 7K

Rest will be same.

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@OP, what will be ur work : game ratio? i.e. 50:50 or 70:30....so on.
@Cilus, Isn't Fermi faster than Kepler in CUDA performance?

Some modifications in Cilus' Intel rig:

i5 4430 (12600)
Asus B85M-G (6100) for better A.S.S.
G.Skill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (5000) for 10 years warranty over Kingston's 5 years warranty and better performance
Zotac GTX650ti (10000)
Seasonic S12II 430W (3500)
Asus optical drive (1000)
NZXT Gamma (2300)
WD Blue 1 TB HDD (4100)
2 120 mm cooling fans (800)

total: ~45k

Cilus

laborare est orare
@OP, what will be ur work : game ratio? i.e. 50:50 or 70:30....so on.
@Cilus, Isn't Fermi faster than Kepler in CUDA performance?

In Compute based workloads, sometimes Fermi is more powerful than Kepler. But 3DsMax, Maya etc use rendering capabilities of GPU, not the brute compute power. If I am not mistaken, in Tomshardware review it is observed that nVidia 600 series cards are pretty good at it.

OP
W

walker916

Broken In
thanks @cilus@harshilsharma63...

I like AMD but something is not letting to go for one...what others said (not in forum)overheating issues,depends on usage etc etc..

made little changes is this fine
i5 3450
Gtx 650ti 2gb
cabbi i have iball work horse(full tower)from my old system

Cilus

laborare est orare
1st of all, AMD processors don't have any heating issues, infact with stock cooler, AMD processors normally run cooler than their Intel counterparts due to better stock cooler supplied with the processor. And what you have heard from otthers are actually myth and from some really non-tech people. For your kind of workload, even at the stock speed, FX -8350 will be faster than both i5 3450 or i5 4430.

Now, if you are planning for a 3rd generation i5 processor then you need to get a different motherboard too, based on LGA1155 socket. But I don't think that is really recommeded here because 3rd Gen and 2nd Gen Core series processors are already EOL and after 1 or two years, you will have really hard time to get a higher version of processor or motherboard if you want to upgrade.

OP
W

walker916

Broken In
Ok then as you have mentioned in your first post i have finally zeroed in for AMD and the processor,board and other stuff as mentioned

i wont need hard drive,dvd player,keyboard/mice,monitor,cabinet

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ok then as you have mentioned in your first post i have finally zeroed in for AMD and the processor,board and other stuff as mentioned

i wont need hard drive,dvd player,keyboard/mice,monitor,cabinet

You have mentioned to own a 250GB HDD but asked for 500 GB HDD in question Num 5. That's why I have suggested you an HDD. Since you are not going for it, use that saved money to get Asus M5A97 EVO motherboard which is around 8K. Also at 12K, try to get the 2GB version of 650 Ti.

OP
W

walker916

Broken In
i ball work horse

thanks @clius & members for the suggestions:)
want to know wat Motherboard can be used for i5 3570

ankush28

Bazinga
for 3rd gen i5-3570 mobo you should go for is Gigabyte B75M-D3H or Intel DZ75ML-K both around 4-4.5k
BUT AGAIN think twice dont go for eol products.
Go for i5-4670 or FX 8350

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, just getting a 3rd gen i5 for cheaper motherboard is not a good idea.
BTW, can anyone confirm the availability of any H81 motherboard ?

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@OP, as you mentioned, your going to use this rig for Vray Rendering; what will be ur preferable mode of Vray rendering - Vray RT or Direct Vray ?
I am asking b'cause, they both have their behavior points. Like Vray RT build for GPU advantage and Direct Vray take CPU method for faster rendering etc.

Off the topic, but if anyone interesting to buy/build rig for professional purpose like using 3D content Creating Softwares, Rendering etc. you would like to read this OpenCL vs./and Cuda Performance in Mid-Range Graphics Cards - GPUs - Graphics & Displays

Very Informative and practical.

In Compute based workloads, sometimes Fermi is more powerful than Kepler. But 3DsMax, Maya etc use rendering capabilities of GPU, not the brute compute power. If I am not mistaken, in Tomshardware review it is observed that nVidia 600 series cards are pretty good at it.
No it's not entirely true; For rendering purpose Fermi is faster than Kepler b'cause of it's CUDA cores. Although, Kepler has more cores but not efficient as Fermi. And for Tomshardware Review.....I think these reviews were meant for gamers only; look at their compute benchmarking apps....LuxMark and other waste apps, which no one uses for ages.

Last edited:
OP
W

walker916

Broken In
bought mine yesterday

i5 3470 13500/-
Intel h77EB 6650/-
Corsair vengeance 8gb 4900/-
Zotac 650ti 2gb 11100/-
Antec smps 450v 2700/-

@pcforumguy i'am using direct...

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
bought mine yesterday

i5 3470 13500/-
Intel h77EB 6650/-
Corsair vengeance 8gb 4900/-
Zotac 650ti 2gb 11100/-
Antec smps 450v 2700/-

@pcforumguy i'am using direct...

Congrats walker916 on your purchase. I think your pretty fast at decision making; exact opposite to me.;)

Top Bottom