Intel Or Amd?

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Hey Guys,
Many Guys Are Telling me to opt for AMD .. but i still dont understand there point...
anyways, i need all of you guys to help me out in this one...
PS- I WONT BE OVERCLOCKING.
and only tell me if it wud last and perform better than my current decided i5 rig..

so here are the details :

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Watching HD Movies , Some CSE Engineering Basic Stuff (For My Sister) , Good Occasional Gaming (Note: I am not a pro gamer but love to game. ^_^)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: MAX 45k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Win 7 64 , Win 8 , occasional ubuntu

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 22" Full HD @ 1920x1080

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:UPS (dun want)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Wednesday, 13th March,2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans Delhi , SMC International , Nehru Place

MY CURRENTLY DECIDED CONFIG :
Intel Core i5 3470 - Rs 10500
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H - Rs 4000
Gskill Ripjaws 4GB 1600mhz- Rs 1900
GPU - GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD - Rs 7800
HDD - Toshiba 1TB (DT01ACA100)- Rs 4000
SMPS - Corsair CX430V2 - Rs 2500
Cabinet - Cm k380 -Rs 3000
OPD -Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive- 1000
Monitor - Del S2240l : 8700
Mouse Keyboard - mk200 combo / Wired Desktop 600 - 800
Speakers - z120 : 750
NET : Rs 44750 (aprox)

Mouse Pad : razer golathius fragged omega - 600

if you guys convince me getting me a amd rig ... i want to tell you i will only be convinced with a amd rig if :
1. the processor performs similar to my current i5 3570
2. i am able to get better GPU .. eg. hd 7850
3. the price shouldn't increase by even a penny!

thankyou people!

Last edited:

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
MY CURRENTLY DECIDED CONFIG :
Intel Core i5 3470 - Rs 10500
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H - Rs 4000
Gskill Ripjaws 4GB 1600mhz- Rs 1900
GPU - GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD - Rs 7800
HDD - Toshiba 1TB (DT01ACA100)- Rs 4000
SMPS - Corsair CX430V2 - Rs 2500
Cabinet - Cm k380 -Rs 3000
OPD -Asus DRW-24B5ST Internal Optical Drive- 1000
Monitor - Del S2240l : 8700
Mouse Keyboard - mk200 combo / Wired Desktop 600 - 800
Speakers - z120 : 750
NET : Rs 44750 (aprox)

Mouse Pad : razer golathius fragged omega - 600

1. get 8gb ram.
2. its a +1 config.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get 4gb ram for now & buy another 4gb ram only if you need it which i doubt you will.more than 4gb ram is needed only if you frequently use some serious photo/video editing or like to open 30-40 tabs in a browser like chrome with flash enabled.

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
get 4gb ram for now & buy another 4gb ram only if you need it which i doubt you will.more than 4gb ram is needed only if you frequently use some serious photo/video editing or like to open 30-40 tabs in a browser like chrome with flash enabled.
NO WAY!
xD
i at max will use 2-3 flash tabs at once together. :p

btw i was wondering if i could opt for a another dell ips panel dell monitor,ie,dell stt40m(if i not wrong) so i could save 300-400 bucks on it as i wont use HDMI port..
so no use..
tell me some more stuffs where i can save on items..
and small savings could help me buy a better GPU (if it cud be possible or its better saving..isnt it? :p)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as far as i know dell "S" series is cheapest ips panel series of dell with exception of 24" S series model which is AMVA.ST series is TN panel & doesn't come close to "S" series in terms of color fidelity or viewing angles.you may save on cabinet by getting some lower coolermaster cabinet model.

shreymittal

Being Human
bro dont change anything now its the best u can get in price bracket as what i think so just get it and post it on your latest purchases

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
the next gpu to consider is 650ti which is around 10k. You can save around .5k from cabby and some more by getting generic keyboard and mouse and some more by getting a corsair value ram and at last extending a bit budget......

7770 will not be enough to play modern games at 1080p resolution, better get 650ti.......

doomgiver

Warframe
my (persoal) reasons to choose 8 gb ram :
i use flash projector to run multiple copies of a game, so, 4 gb fills up real quick. im still punching myself for getting just 4 gigs.

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Well,guys i dont think that my needs would require a 8gb ram..
4gb suffice my needs.
and i think that my rig's okay for my needs.
and i dont need to go for AMD .. right ?

ThANKyoU!

OP
T

Technogeared007

Journeyman
could get it later on if i feel the need! :)
btw,which ram should i go for right now?
is gskill RijawsX perfect?
or vengeance?
or trident?
pls tell me?

ps-in the same budget

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think you should get the configuration without the Graphics card and use the Intel Hd2500 igp for some time. AMD is going to release a new card HD 7790 at the end of March which will be based on GCN 2.0 architecture and proably within 10k bracket.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

games like battlefield 3 can use 4gb ram alone :|

Top Bottom