Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver Not Installing. A Little Help Please

MamuMogambo

Broken In

I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5520.
It got a Windows 7 Home Basics 64Bit, Intel HD Graphics and an AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics Card.
One day in order to install the driver for AMD Catalyst downloaded from the internet I uninstalled the previous one. I had two options while ininstalling:
1. Uninstall just the Catalyst.
2. Uninstall all things related to the Catalyst as well.
I chose the second option.
I screwed myself.
After the uninstallation, the screen resolution become 800*600. I set it back to 1366*768.
Next, I installed the AMD Catalyst Driver. I got error that "catalyst cannot be started because their are no settings to configure."
So, I installed the AMD Driver again but this time from the old drivers. It worked fine.
Now I tried to install the Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver that I had downloaded. It didn't install and I got the error that "driver cannot be installed because your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."
Then I went to the Device Manager where under the Display Adapter I saw that I had both AMD and Intel HD Graphics Driver, but I knew that I didn't have the driver cause I am getting an FPS of 15 in Assassin's Creed III where as earlier I used to get more than 30.
In this case as well I tried to install the Intel driver from the old ones but I am getting the same error. All other things are working just fine, but the game is not.

gameranand

Living to Play
You need to uninstall all the drivers. Preferably use Driver Sweeper to be sure. After that first install Intel GPU driver and then AMD drivers. I guess this should do. :)

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
You need to uninstall all the drivers. Preferably use Driver Sweeper to be sure. After that first install Intel GPU driver and then AMD drivers. I guess this should do. :)
I tried that Anand but it didn't help. I uninstalled the drivers completely but I am still getting the same error.

gameranand

Living to Play
Then maybe you have downloaded wrong drivers. Did you downloaded the drivers from Intel site or Dell ??

Top Bottom