India: Which way should we go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all heard a lot and personally I've had enough!

Indian Development! Where are we going? The list of problems are endless! There are more shocking truths than reality itself! What are we all doing? We all just keep complaining about things and never do anything about it!

Like Prophet Muhammed(Peace be Upon Him) said, if you see something wrong, stop it with your hands, if you can't do that, then speak out against it, if you can't do that, then atleast feel bad about it in your heart, this is the least form of doing anything. So do what you can with your hands.

No one bother to do anything about everything. If they see someone getting robbed, na,na.. it's not your business. If you see someone hurt in a accident.. No.. don't touch him. If you see someone being harassed, NO... you act like you didn't even see what was going on!

Forget even stopping evil with hands, no one has the time today to think bad about it in their heart!

This is just one of the problems in a million we face today. The purpose of this post is that we all can atleast speak out agianst things or at the least, feel bad about things than being lost in the world we are in.

So, my friends. What do you think India should do? List out a problem that you think exists and then post a solution for it. Please don't just post problems which we all know too well to do. So, tell everyone what we need to do about it as well!

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
We are indians & the condition of public in india isn't very good. We need money & not everyone is rich.

To make some money we need production.

For starters, Learn to give a damn about India, no one cares about the country anymore, everyone cares about filling there own pocket.

OP
Help~Is~Here

Help~Is~Here

Banned
gx_saurav said:
We are indians & the condition of public in india isn't very good. We need money & not everyone is rich.

To make some money we need production.

For starters, Learn to give a damn about India, no one cares about the country anymore, everyone cares about filling there own pocket.

Dude! Like I said... STOP Complaining!! Give a solution to what you think is the problem.

Stop complaining like no one cares.. so why should I care? Show you care and give a damn about things.. so if you think there are problems.. list one by one.. or atleast one.. and then give a solution...

Don't let this statement repeat "Stop Complaining"

Josan

Gangsta
Solution Is Simple ,just punish that damn right there ,at least i being a Punjabi wont be able to stop myself from giving a heavy beating to the culprit,Wat might happens!
At Least i Dont have to a Answer My self!!!!!

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I am feeling very angry today, so don't flame me much if I write anything wrong.:D

India is going to the path of DOOM. You said list problems nd their solution. But buddy there are thousands problems and not a single effactive solution.
Everyone is currupt, including you and me.
Yesterday my friend asked me that we should prepare a program for independence day in which we will talk about good things only India have.
But I said - There is nothing special left in India.
Yoga wasn't much famous in India until american universities started to teach it.
When people of other countries are learning our music we are busy running behind the western POP.

All in all India has bypassed the point where a solution was possible.
The truth is Now There is NO SOLUTION!!!
Tell me one good thing India still have and I might change my mind.

OP
Help~Is~Here

Help~Is~Here

Banned
I have to disagree on a few points here.

First of all. Stop saying things like.. I'm Punjabi and I'm Malyalee. Stop that! We are all Indians! That's the first point we are all missing out on. We need to understand that we have to work as a nation. We are all split up into the likes of our own community and majority of us don't seem to transcend those barriers.

I'm not so proud of India, but we all should bring the thought into our mind that 'I am an Indian'!

And also I have to disagree to the fact that there is no solution. The reason that there is no solution is because we all think that there is no solution. Like, Rocky says: It aint over till it's over! So now, we have to all stop GIVING UP on our nation and ourselves!

When we say India, we are the face of it and if we give up and say there is no solution! Then how in the world do you think India is going to look? If your nose gives up on you and decides to die of, how is your face going to look? (Noting Personal)

So, STOP GIVING UP!

We just need to take some time and reflect on things and then we'll find the problems and then we need to address those problems by tackling the root cause, not just by putting an end to that particular problem. Giving up is just another way of saying 'I don't give a damn about India'

Look people, I'm not so damn proud of what India has achieved, nor am I proud of where it is going. I have a whole list of Ideas and possible answers to it which tackle the root problem. But before I introduce those Ideas here, I have to see what others have and how they are going to take it.

So, sit up and take notice and give a solution to the problems.

Till now, as far as this thread goes, all we have seen is complaining and giving up and no answers, and that's not good! :x

Josan said:
Solution Is Simple ,just punish that damn right there ,at least i being a Punjabi wont be able to stop myself from giving a heavy beating to the culprit,Wat might happens!
At Least i Dont have to a Answer My self!!!!!

It is some kind of solution but we need a complete solution as to how in the world you are going to convince people to implement such a law!

And please, you are answerable for your actions. This thought of not being answerable is one of the root cause of many other problems!

Last edited:

cynosure

UbuntuUser
India is surrounded by some of the most unstable nations of the world (Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Srilanka, Bhutan, Bangladesh). People (read rebels) from these nations come and screw up the life of our people. In addition to these we have some "very talented" people who can form an angry mob and rock any state which shows any slight show of what they call as indecency.
And govt is doing nothing. Give the orders of shoot-at-sight and see how those bustards dissapear in the thin air, this can add to the stability. But shuks!! This is democracy so that option is out of question.
And we have "fundamental rights" which arent of any use. Has anybody here used them?? I havent. Only read about them is class 8th and 9th. Never heard after that, and never used them too.

OP
Help~Is~Here

Help~Is~Here

Banned
cynosure said:
India is surrounded by some of the most unstable nations of the world (Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Srilanka, Bhutan, Bangladesh). People (read rebels) from these nations come and screw up the life of our people. In addition to these we have some "very talented" people who can form an angry mob and rock any state which shows any slight show of what they call as indecency.
And govt is doing nothing. Give the orders of shoot-at-sight and see how those bustards dissapear in the thin air, this can add to the stability. But shuks!! This is democracy so that option is out of question.
And we have "fundamental rights" which arent of any use. Has anybody here used them?? I havent. Only read about them is class 8th and 9th. Never heard after that, and never used them too.

Just shoot at sight is not a solution.. go deeper.. thing a bit more.. where can we nip the rose in the bud?

Because like we know.. the police is going to misuse the shoot at sight orders for other dogs that pay them by making it a "FAKE ENCOUNTER'. So, give a solution.. where.. it can be justified from all directions... and the root cause..

@shoot thnx buddy for starting this thread.And god this democracy is failing apart jus look at the parties we hav to chose to vote from.The way DMK and congress win elections free Tv's and reservation to OBC jus makes me feel sick in my guts.Cos i know tat my tax money is being burned to make up for a stupid promise.Wat we need is a complete cleanup of our god damn parties.If u ask me a presidency(combination of democracy+communism) as gx said might help.Put up a temp government wit APJ as the head of the state.Cleanup the system lock up every politician there.Seize their property and then india would be richer by a few million.The thing wat i most h8 bout indians is we r really chillax bout the rules how many of us here hav gotten into colls thru the management route for one i hav.Doesn't it destroy the fundamentality of the entrance tests.WE need to implement the existins rules more strictly.If a police man is overweight fire him
. Why shud the public be expected to pay for a guy who can neither run nor catch criminals.Guys if we dont cease the situation now india will fail.
Brazil has been a developing country for more than 100 years now.And we know the reason exactly why india might fail(politicians).The way we defied the OBC quota implementation.Lets put up a fight every time and we might win

BTW....i know....iknow a very unstructured post dont hav much experience wit lenghty posts

karnivore

in your face..
Help~Is~Here

Why don't u give us a solution for a change. What say u about the following problems:

1. Overpopulation
2. Health
3. Education
4. Bounty in one part, starvation in another.

I have kept the list short and hopefully sweet.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
karnivore said:
Help~Is~Here

Why don't u give us a solution for a change. What say u about the following problems:

1. Overpopulation
2. Health
3. Education

I can give it a try:D
1) Condoms + MorningAfterPills + Awareness
2) Nothing can be done except that govt. shows some advertisements etc. This is related to people's inner choice and attitude. If they dont exercise, let them die.
Sanitation is must, We need more "Sulabh Sauchs" + more potable water. Govt. should keep a check on who the hell is wasting water, food. Fine them, jail them. At an individual level, I dont waste water and dont let my family waste it either:)
3) Schools are large in number. We need more staff/teacher which are talented and can do their job well. But we cant meet the requirements. Who can now work for a meagre 5-6K a month. Govt should provide perqs ranging from houses to something free. Like they have in IITs (But even IITs are short of teachers:D)
4)Whatever govt do, this wide gap cant be erased. Its only because of these huge salaries, theres a dip in the brain drain %age. More and more people now can work in country itself because they get a fat paycheck.

These are my opinios.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Fix the roads & City bypass highways. Every year thousands of tons of food material which comes from states like punjab & bihar is ruined due to improper or late delivery.

Keep a check on those toll booths, you should come & see the toll booths of Sitapur lucknow. Malihabad is the Mango Strip of India, however just due to improper tolling by corrupt policeman, some trucks stay idle on the station for 3 4 days.

dadhwalprince

Broken In
Solution is Simple : just complete ur work daily . no pending work should be there and do ur work with honesty and put only 100% efforts on ur work no need to put 101% efforts , but at last remember HONESTY

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Does honesty pays me enough to buy an iPhone?

See, people want more then what they deserve, thats a natural tendency. Thats why i said communism + democracy.

OP
Help~Is~Here

Help~Is~Here

Banned
karnivore said:
Help~Is~Here

1. Overpopulation
2. Health
3. Education

Ok.

As far as the first point is concerned, you are just looking at what politicians have injected into our brains as a 'problem'. How in the world do you think that overpopulation is a problem?

Like in one of my other posts, if you are running something, people expect the best out of it, saying 'server overload' is no justification to cut down on something. And how people get the best out of it is upto the people who run it. If you can't run it properly, don't run it at all.

The point is, it's not a single person who is paying for all the people, it's whole big damn growning economy, and overpoplution seems like a problem because they dont' know how to support the people. When they mean 'over population', do you think they mean the beggers on the street? NO, they mean about you, me, your & my sister or brother. So, dont' think that they are referring to someone else when they mean overpopulation. They are referring to you and me. Are they saying you and me dont' have the right to bring up 3 or 4 or say 10 children like we please? Are you saying that the government is paying for the upcoming of this children, or are we as parents going to pay for their upcoming? So, where in the world is it a loss for the government?

It's a problem for the government because they simply don't have the people management skills. and they complain about people like you and me! Remember, china has more people than India, and don't tell me that has been a hinderance for their development! The people of a country are it's greatest assests, it will never be a problem unless they do illegal things!

The point is, there is simply NO knowledge how to control the people. That is where the problem is.

NOW, keeping apart the rest of the problems, look at one thing. People management. Don't you think that can give a solution to rest of all the problems. What we need is a solid layer to manage the people of india. Does the Indian government know the names of all the people of India? Hell, it doesn't even know how many people it's got at this second! The government doesn't know who it's people are, what more could be worse?

The point again is, It would be a much better place, if the government knows each and every person, knows what they do for a living, knows where they live and knows all other relevant data.

So, my dream has been to develop such a system, which will also help in covering majority of all the other issues. So, before I put out my thoughts on that matter, in this digitized world, can anyone suggest a possible solution as to how can the government can know each of it's people and how it can keep their records. Lemme give a clue (something like social security number):D

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Help~Is~Here said:
Ok.

As far as the first point is concerned, you are just looking at what politicians have injected into our brains as a 'problem'. How in the world do you think that overpopulation is a problem?

Overpopulation is INDEED a BIG problem. Look at the prices of every damn thing. They are rising. Right from food to Land to property. Just because of this ever increasing population, people have to live in flats, they have to buy the food which is going expensive day by day. Some people are raking moolah in the property business, but the number is quite less.

Like in one of my other posts, if you are running something, people expect the best out of it, saying 'server overload' is no justification to cut down on something. And how people get the best out of it is upto the people who run it. If you can't run it properly, don't run it at all.

What would you prefer, electricity with an 8 hour power cut or no electricity at all.:D I would prefer the former.;)

The point is, it's not a single person who is paying for all the people, it's whole big damn growning economy, and overpoplution seems like a problem because they dont' know how to support the people. When they mean 'over population', do you think they mean the beggers on the street?

Yes dude! They also include the beggers, as long as they are located in India.8)
Its only this population that they have to support, a common middle+ class man can support his family most of the time, but the fact is that these lower class people (rickshawpullers, masons, carpenters) are also in a need for support which they dont get.

NO, they mean about you, me, your & my sister or brother. So, dont' think that they are referring to someone else when they mean overpopulation. They are referring to you and me. Are they saying you and me dont' have the right to bring up 3 or 4 or say 10 children like we please? Are you saying that the government is paying for the upcoming of this children, or are we as parents going to pay for their upcoming? So, where in the world is it a loss for the government?
This consequences cant be seen just in one generation. Your have 6 children, they will also have around 3-4 children(Given the fact this love for children is also in their blood), who also will be having 3-4 children. After 3-4 generation, you will have a whole "Help~is~Here" colony:D. This thing will result in increase in the number of cars, increase in the consumption of food and water, increase in the production of CO2. Dont you think so many children can be a strain on you and your monthly budget (God forbid that, you should be a millionaire)

Remember, china has more people than India, and don't tell me that has been a hinderance for their development!
The whole china thing is total sh1t. Their population is old, ours is new. They have already implemented population control mechanisms. So the population that they have is the one which was born before these mechs were implemented. And they also face quite a problem, warna woh thodi population ko kam karte. India's rate of pop increase is more than that of china's.
Look at this situation. In the villages here, there is a type of unemployment called the disguised unem. (see wikipedia for this) which results in decrease of the overall production + increases the food consumption of the country. India is an agrarian economy, so the amount of food that these "extra" people eat could have been exported. But due to excess population, its not exported.

I dont have stamina to write more.
Peace:)

karnivore

in your face..
@cynosure
You have said it all dude and left practically nothing for me to say:D :D However let me make some minor points.

saying 'server overload' is no justification

A problem like that can be solved by adding capacity. But a country has its political limits and cannot add to its "capacity" i.e. landmass, just by a buying land. For that it will hav to wage a war.

Now population increase results in per-capita utilization of land which in turn results in utilization of arable land for building cities and towns and which in turn results in cleaning of forest land and you now the cascading effects. Price of land shoots up, farm land goes down resulting in decrease in agricultural production, environment gets a severe beating etc. etc.

Are you saying that the government is paying for the upcoming of this children, or are we as parents going to pay for their upcoming? So, where in the world is it a loss for the government?

You accuse me of being brainwashed, but its clear that you just can't get out of your urban thought process. You only notice what we city slickers do but completely fail to notice where the economically disadvantaged people stand. They too need food, shelter, education, health care and all those amenities that you take for granted. How do you suppose they will get them. This is where Govt. spending is needed.

Higher the population, higher the Govt. spending and less fund will be available for other developments.

china has more people than India, and don't tell me that has been a hindrance for their development!

I am surprised that u haven't heard of China's 2 children policy. China recognized the perils of ever increasing population long time back and put this policy in place to check its population growth. In 2050, India, almost less than half the size of China, is slated to become the country with highest population.

U still think "population" is not a problem ??

Lemme give a clue (something like social security number)

We already have a system in place. Its called Personal Account Number or PAN. U can apply to the Income Tax dept, and get a pan, or if u pay income tax for the first time, u will automatically be alloted a PAN.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Do what the west does...end of story.

As long as you have punkass moral police in the country trying to protect shame and dignity, you aren't going to ever control overpopulation...because they're all hypocrites who never got any in THEIR lives...and the get in the way of others helping with the problem.

As for all the rest...till the day Indian public is not controlled to prevent a LOT of things which we are talking about on the other threads in Fight CLub...kuch nahin hone wala.

And something else...the western countries are homogenous in their society, so its easy to come up with a one size fits all solution. In India, that's not happening...we have SO many different cultures and communities...getting them all to live together is still a pipedream...

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
25% of India population is below poverty line. A person thinks about his country when he has food to eat and cloths to wear. People don't give a damn about over population all they need is food. Who will spread the awareness in a country whos population is 1,129,866,154 (July 2007 est.).
Government :- Whats That Thing. Never heard of it. :D :D
OK seriously, why do u forget that we are the government. The people in that government is picked by us, if they are wrong that means we are wrong.(Which we are in any case.).

Whenever we see a problem we say, its governments fault, why? Cause we are ashamed of admitting our mistakes. Its not government who give bribes, its us. Remember how many times you bribed that traffic policeman or clerk of some office, no?
They can do nothing if everyone stop to give bribes. They take bribe because we give them that.

No one wants to live in this country anymore. I even you will go outta this country the moment you get a chance. Its not bad as in deep in your heart you know this country is falling apart.

There are stages in Cancer. At one stage there is a cure possible. At second stage we can just try to increase the age of patient and a cure is possible to in some rare cases, but at last stage there is no cure or no hope.
We have reached that last stage.
One we are suffering from not just one cancer, but Cancers like -Curruption, Overpopulation, Unemployment, Poverty and so one.
Do u think there is a cure... NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom