India to host first Grand Prix in New Delhi in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
India to host first Grand Prix in New Delhi in 2010

Bernie Ecclestone has today confirmed that after much speculation a contract has been signed this week with JPSK Sports Private Ltd, a subsidiary of Jaiprakash Associates Limited, to stage the first ever Formula One Grand Prix in India, to be held in The National Capital Region of New Delhi in 2010.

Michael Taub, who has been the driving force behind the project to bring F1 to India for the past ten years, has finally succeeded, along with Mr Sunder Mulchandani, in bringing this major event to a country of over a billion people.

Mr Manoj Gaur, the Chairman and CEO of Jaiprakash Associates Limited, and his brother Mr Samir Gaur, Managing Director of JPSK Sports Ltd, are very excited with being involved with the major brand of F1 and see this as being a huge attraction in India.

Bernie Ecclestone said: “India has always been known for its love of cricket, but F1 has been growing hugely in popularity in recent years as the viewing figures would suggest. Now with Vijay Mallya’s team, Force India, and the news that Karun Chandhok could soon be driving in F1, the announcement of the future Grand Prix in India will spark an explosion of further interest to rival that of the traditional sport.”
Source

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
hope that india looses this opportunity too!

cant say anything coz OF THERE DUMB POLITICIANS

chicha

High without substance...
^^^ rightly said.

but in india F1 fat chance, that too by 2010???
i do not see it happning
where do they have that much place?
and Delhi's airport is not capable of such heavy traffic.

the teams come in their own flight with huge huge trucks filled with every thing they need to survive thoes 3-4 days.
where in delhi will you house these super rich teams?
and what about the crowed? the hard core fans who travell along with their teams.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
gaurav_indian said:
He was saying that its 90% confirmed that Chennai will host it.
Ab baitha hoga akela kisi bar mein lemon drink ke saath.:D
:))

voh to kal hi ho gaya :))

----

ab sochne ki baat yeh hai ki, will F1 really make it to india?

So many race tracks has been rejected by FIA for not meeting the F1 standards. (like Australia, now Silverstone was on the hit list....).

lets hope these politicians dont interfere, as F1 is most expensive sport, they 'll get attracted, obviously.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
s18000rpm said:
:))

voh to kal hi ho gaya :))

----

ab sochne ki baat yeh hai ki, will F1 really make it to india?

So many race tracks has been rejected by FIA for not meeting the F1 standards. (like Australia, now Silverstone was on the hit list....).

lets hope these politicians dont interfere, as F1 is most expensive sport, they 'll get attracted, obviously.
I hope they can meet the standards.hehe main toh live dekhne jaunga.:D

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
gaurav_indian said:
I hope they can meet the standards.hehe main toh live dekhne jaunga.:D
i'l try to com :D

just to see something like this...

*img.youtube.com/vi/BpOaFZyN0K8/default.jpg
Renault F1 engine play - French national anthem

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
s18000rpm said:
i'l try to com :D

just to see something like this...

*img.youtube.com/vi/BpOaFZyN0K8/default.jpg
Renault F1 engine play - French national anthem
:lol: National anthem.Yahan toh french national anthem tab hota hai jab bachey school mein homework nahi karte.:D

nik_for_you

In the zone
gaurav_indian said:
:lol: National anthem.Yahan toh french national anthem tab hota hai jab bachey school mein homework nahi karte.:D

same here dude. .

;)

but dnt plan anything from nw and stand in ticket queue from nw as its india anything can change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom