india online dealers experiences

hsnayvid

Journeyman
does any one knows of techshop.in and bitfang.com
plz tell abt your experience with them

I got a few corsair pen drives from techshop.in.

Great packing, timely delivery.. dint have to use their Customer Care, so cant comment on it.
Overall a good experience.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Delta peripherals

bought a creative xfi 5.1 usb sound card. The service was very prompt. They couriered the item the very next day i placed my order through professional couriers. The courier company was very disappointing as they returned the item to the seller without contacting me. However delta peripherals sent the item back to me the same day through dtdc and delivered to me in 3 days. Overall good service.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
1. Name & type of product (including model no.): WD My Book Essentials 1TB and logitech wireless combo
2. The Site from where you purchased the product: TheITDepot
3. Price. Is it the best price ? (Better than other sites + market shops): No, pricing compared to other online sites is not very good but they offer payment by credit card so ordered it from them.
4. Rate packaging quality (out of 10): 100(not a typo, its excessive. It took me half an hour to unpack but you can be assured that your product will be safe)
5. Rate shipping quality (speed + service) (out of 10): 7 (Pretty much OK. Had to get my order from the post office myself instead of having it delivered to my home)
6. Did you have any problem with the product ? (Damaged, not working, not as described, etc.) If yes, how was it handled at the customer support.:The adapter for the HDD burnt out for no apparent reason but got it repaired from local person for Rs50
7. Overall satisfaction (Out of 10): 7
8. Additional Remarks (If any): Shipping rates and product costs are high as compared to other websites

1. Name & type of product (including model no.): Books
2. The Site from where you purchased the product: Homeshop18.com
3. Price. Is it the best price ? (Better than other sites + market shops): Much better. The best price for books that I had ever seen. Better than retailers and even World Book Fair dealers.
4. Rate packaging quality (out of 10): 8. Pretty good.
5. Rate shipping quality (speed + service) (out of 10): 10. Very fast. I ordered books with three days shipping time and they reached me by the third day through courier.
6. Did you have any problem with the product ?: (Damaged, not working, not as described, etc.) If yes, how was it handled at the customer support.: No problems.
7. Overall satisfaction (Out of 10): 10
8. Additional Remarks (If any) Best price for books and other appliances since there is no middleman. I got a book which was as World Book Fair at 425 for Rs 325.

Name of Product : Seagate 500Gb Go Flex .
Site : Letsbuy
Price : 2.3K Got it after applying coupon .
Rate Packaging quality : 10/10
Rate Shipping Quality : 5 days if you exclude weekends ! Gave office address !
Problems : None
Additional Remarks : They dont work on weekends so tracking number and Order process dont work on that day. Rest , They are a little poor with products not in stock.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Name of Product : Sapphire HD 4670 512 MB DDR3
Site : Techshop.in
Price : 4.86K with shipping charges. Bought on 28th Nov '2009.
Packaging quality : 8/10
Shipping Quality : 7 days by DTDC ~ i gave them extra charges for Air, and they send me by Road.. very dissapointed..
RMA Problems : 5/10 GPU didnt work after 2 month, sent for RMA, RMA is very bad, sent a new card with defective VRAM, sent again for RMA, got an old card. Wasted 3 months.
Remarks : Late shipping, overpriced, poor RMA, good customer service..50/50 recommended.

Name of Product : Razer Deathadder + Mousepad + Corsair CX400
Site: theitwares.in
Price : Total 5.5k
Packaging quality : 9/10
Shipping : within 4 days, fast shipping by DTDC AIR, but DTDC didn't delivered it to home.. DTDC needs to be improved on this.
Remarks : Good customer service, good experience so far.. Definitely recommended.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Flirkart.com is good for me.I have ordered plenty of books from them.Excellent packaging and fast shipping.

It would have been better if some admin formatted the threads showing bad experiences in some other color so that we could be aware of them. That too is important, isnt it ?

Last edited:
Name of Product : Seagate Desktop 2TB
Site : Letsbuy
Price : 4K Got it after applying coupon .
Rate Packaging quality : 10/10
Rate Shipping Quality : 2 days
Problems : None
Additional Remarks : Ordered Sunday morning got it on Tuesday Afternoon .

I have dealt with the following websites till now :

SMC International (SMC international)

Good prices, good shipping and good ASS :p

Intel Server Builder (Intel Server Builder - The one stop shop for Enterprise and SOHO solutions)

Good prices (spcly intel products as the name suggests :p), Fast shipping, Good After Sales (as per their commitment regarding Intel products)

Ebay (eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products)

Good for discounted prices by using coupons, wider variety of stuff, No ASS (direct manufacturer in most cases)

Flipkart (Flipkart.com: Online Shopping India: Buy Books Online: Mobiles, Cameras, Laptops, Accessories)

Good prices, Good Support, Not bad Shipping time.

Letsbuy (Online Shopping - Buy Mobile Phones, Cameras, Laptops @ Lowest Price - Letsbuy.com)

Good prices (using coupons :D), Fast Shipping, COD available.

Sites not recommended (on the basis of incidents i have seen at forums or with friends ):

www.lynx-india.com

Top Bottom