India gets mandate for Windows 7 development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Designers and engineers at Microsoft R&D centre in India have a new mandate for development of Windows 7, the next generation operating system from Microsoft Corporation, slated for release in 2009-10.

This new operating system will have in-built features to address networking-related issues, virtualisation that helps create separate machines within a PC and various plug-ins for accessories for the new OS.

This team headed by Mr Sunil Bansali, and comprising members of the Windows and Windows Live development teams, has now been given the task of working on the next generation operating system.

*www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/microsoft-india-centre-workingwindows-7/09/56/296305

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I applied for UI designer job today as fresher in MS Bangalore. I hope they don't ask a 5 Years experience as I only have 1.5 years exp....

If they give it to me......Unified cell shaded UI baby :D. I just can't wait to submit my concept UI of Vista OS I made about 4 months ago :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ awwww... I pass through Microsoft office at sadashivnagar everyday.. its a beautiful office :D .. I hope to see you some day at that office GX ;) . Any thing you need at bangalore we are here to help you ;)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
runeet said:
well atleast now we can hope that the new version wont be that much bug ridden, & more secure.

Nah, bugs will always be there. Since Indian are doing the coding part, unless the management tells them to code using the new shortcuts methods, it will still be thick code.

Change the management first of all....we need simple code.

shantanu

Technomancer
Operating system is a combined effort.. india dev. team will be given only a part to follow up.. as the OS is made by different sub. M$ companies.. means nnot only M$ but more companies work on the R & D for a new OS..

so India will be contributing a part.. as per the news by Anand :p
and in vista development more than 100 companies gave contribution..

its not only case with M$ but with all major companies.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom