Inability to open .nic.in and .gov.in sites

digik

Journeyman
Dear all,

I am having problem with opening .nic.in and .gov.in sites from my home computer. I am getting “server not found” error messages. I am using win7 and firefox. Earlier I did not face such problem. But, I can access the same sites from my office computer. The os and browser are the same. The ISP is BSNL Broadband in both cases.
Kindly help.

digik

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Open "ncpa.cpl" in run, then click go to properties of either LAN adapter or WiFi depending upon connection mode.

Then select IPv4 from the list and go to it's properties. there you can "Use the following DNS server addresses".

You can also change it in router.

PS: If the above doesn't work, do give Google DNS a try which is - 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
Open "ncpa.cpl" in run, then click go to properties of either LAN adapter or WiFi depending upon connection mode.

Then select IPv4 from the list and go to it's properties. there you can "Use the following DNS server addresses".

You can also change it in router.

PS: If the above doesn't work, do give Google DNS a try which is - 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4.

Understood...

It appears that this has been caused by some malware activity. I have already rest hosts file and winsock.dll. But, the same problem occurs.

Is there any way to locate the problem area and then change it???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you suspect any malware, then MalwareBytes is your friend.

Also, check if problem persists in safe mode.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
Also, check if problem persists in safe mode.

Windows 7 in Safe Mode doesnot connect to internet.

If you suspect any malware, then MalwareBytes is your friend

Now, after a lot of testing it appears that it is not due to any malware. It is a problem with BSNL which has been applied to my connection.
The same computer can connect the sites with another ISP. Further, I connected my Laptop also through BSNL BB. It also shows the same problem though it connects fine with the another ISP.
I have already lodged a complaint with BSNL and am waiting for their response.
Thanks for the replies of all the forum members.

Top Bottom