"I'm a Vaio"

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
You've probably heard of Apple's "Get a mac" campaign. They star actor Justin Long as a Macintosh (Mac OS X) and author and humorist John Hodgman as a PC (presumed to be running Windows, shown as running Windows Vista in the most recent ads). The format for each commercial is similar in which Long introduces himself as a Mac and Hodgman introduces himself as a PC. The ads focus on computing comparing the Mac's capability, speed, etc. with that of the PC. Each ad takes place in front of a blank white screen.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2006/12/vaio_c_ad.jpg

So.. what is Sony trying to do now? They’ve got a Flash ad for their VAIO C Series on their Australia website that takes a page right out of Apple’s Get A Mac ads. The ad features characters playing a PC and a Mac – directly inspired by Apple’s campaign down to the costumes – and a VAIO.

All I can say – it’s a weird ad. When you roll your mouse over it, the 3 characters turn around and offer their butts to be pinched (Why would they turn around otherwise?). Each makes a different sound when pinched.

Sony doesn’t want to be know for making PCs, they want to be known for making VAIOs. Apple is inspiring non-PCs.

Right. Could you be more original in your marketing efforts, Sony?

What do you think about the ad?

Source: *www.engadget.com/2006/12/03/im-a-pc-and-im-a-mac-and-im-a-vaio/

Last edited:
OP
nepcker

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
It's not a mac ad, actually. It's Sony stealing Apple's concept and using it on their own ads.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
nepcker said:
It's not a mac ad, actually. It's Sony stealing Apple's concept and using it on their own ads.

Lol,don't you understand, its not concept theft , they have done it delibrately. Haven't you seen such ads which mock or use other ad concept.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, they are just a play on Apple's 'Get a Mac' ad campaign. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

But I have seen this flash video in the past. Did not understand the head or tail of it. :confused:

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
pathiks said:
hehe.... she isnt my type... :D so go ahead nishant...
btw apple makes the best ads...

U LIKE the Ad enjoy it .. and praise sony as NAKAL MEIN BHI AKAL CHAAHIYE :D

OP
nepcker

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner
can I get the link of the ad

You can watch it at *www.sony.com.au/article.jsp?id=3861&ref=vaioc.

And oh, Sony has also taken these ads to print. Picture as follows:
*blog.wired.com/cultofmac/sonyad3f3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom