IE7 running on XP SP2, without installing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
Here are my steps that got IE7 running on XP SP2, without installing it.

First extract the IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe file using something like winrar. Then go to the folder you just extracted and delete the file SHLWAPI.DLL. Then open notepad and just save a blank file in notepad as IEXPLORE.exe.local . Then you will be able to run the iexplore.exe.

DISCLAIMER:I AM NOT RESPONSE FOR THE THING IF PROBLEM CAUSES

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Don't try this trick...It really messed up my system. IE 6 Went Black and many features of IE 7 get hidden like Context menu remains same.

Also doing this encourages piracy. So please stay away from this trick.

It caused me a reinstall of XP! Also don't worry for installing IE 7 ... it can be uninstalled easily from Add/Remove programs Panel by checking Show Updates Button!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Actually the problem arised as my sister actually made Firefox the default browser because IE 6 hanged that day...due to some problem! And when I tried IE 7 without installing...hell broke loose on my PC's IE settings and it became a total mess!

So I would advise to stay clear of this trick!

devarajan

Journeyman
rajas700 said:
Here are my steps that got IE7 running on XP SP2, without installing it.

First extract the IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe file using something like winrar. Then go to the folder you just extracted and delete the file SHLWAPI.DLL. Then open notepad and just save a blank file in notepad as IEXPLORE.exe.local . Then you will be able to run the iexplore.exe.

DISCLAIMER:I AM NOT RESPONSE FOR THE THING IF PROBLEM CAUSES

Work's 100% Even in IE beta 2
:p Try out guy's :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom