IE6 won't check if it is the default browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnivore

in your face..
Well i am using FF 1.5 as my default browser. Now i want to revert back to IE6 as my default browser. But it is not happening.

I have checked the option at Internet Option> Programs> "Should check to see, whether it is default browser". But IE doesn't check if it is the default browser.

Earlier, I had uninstalled FF 1.5 and still nothing happened.

Can anybody please suggest what to do ?????????

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Karnivore iam not understanding why your solution performed here is not working,because it should take default IE if we set in internet options->programs,let's try indirectly i think you had SAFARI web browser one of the fast growing browser nowadays if not get it from
*www.apple.com/safari/download/ download for only xp or vista or if broadband connection you had,u can also download quicktime.After finishing go to edit->preferences->general->default web browser here list of all your browser displays hence you can set your desired one as your default

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
I hav safari. And i must say i am mighty impressed by its speed.

Just yesterday i downloaded IE7 Pro and i was really surprised to note that, it actually speeded up IE 6. I mean the pages are loading pretty fast now.

I appreciate ur suggestion to switch to Safari, but my problem is that IE is not doing what it should do. I would like to know what is wrong. And may be then i will make the switch.

Thx for the reply though.

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
Nope.

I think some registry entry is not getting updated. When i uninstalled and then reinstalled FF, it didn't check if it was the default browser. When i did that manually, it returned the message that it is already the default browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom