IE 6.0 Corrupted, reinstallation also doesn't helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
I seem to be facing a weird problem. Whenever I open IE, (version 6), it gets disappeared some where in the extreme left side of the screen. On trying to restore, it gets minimized. Can some1 suggest how to restore it. I have reinstalled Windows SP2, but just in vain.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well may be some how the IE windows has magane to slip down to there.... Hit Alt+Space Bar or right click on the Start Bar IE TAB, then click move, and using the Keyboard arrow key move it back to center of the screen...

also you may try Maximising it...

why stick with IE 6.0 try to upgread to IE 7.0... also you may try alternet browser like [*www.firefox.com/]FireFoX[/url] untill u dont solve the problem...

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Mangal Pandey said:
I seem to be facing a weird problem. Whenever I open IE, (version 6), it gets disappeared some where in the extreme left side of the screen. On trying to restore, it gets minimized. Can some1 suggest how to restore it. I have reinstalled Windows SP2, but just in vain.
there are two option you can avail for (No 2. is not confirmed for XP/XPSP2)

1. make a shortcut of the internet explorer
right click, open its properties.
in shortcut tab there is an option Run:
chose maximised here.
Problem solved.

2. to restore internet explorer (ive tried it on Win 98SE)
find and remove all reg keys of internet explorer
reinstall the internet explorer to restore it.

my suggestion use option 1 as if you crap your registory, then i fear it might be the one way ticket

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Ron said:
hey try to install Ie7
it needs original windows. if someone has pirated what shall he do?? also original may not be affordable by him. original winxp=10k pro vista=12k pro

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
wats the use of XP Pro, unless you are a "Power User".

i'm using XP Home (SP2), its more than enough for me:)

it costs arond 3-4k only. (mine is pre-installed [OEM] HP Pavilion)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
s18000rpm said:
wats the use of XP Pro, unless you are a "Power User".

i'm using XP Home (SP2), its more than enough for me:)

it costs arond 3-4k only. (mine is pre-installed [OEM] HP Pavilion)
Power User?? What is power user?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
A power user is a user of a personal computer who can utilize advanced functions and programs which are outside the reach of normal users due to the complexity and advanced knowledge required to perform these tasks.
Also: a computer user who seeks and uses products having the most features and the fastest performance.

In Microsoft Windows 2000 and later, there is a "Power Users" group on the system that gives more permissions than a normal restricted user, but stops short of Administrator permissions. It should be noted that if a user is a member of the Power Users group, he or she is able to promote their account to an Administrator with little effort. The Power Users group should be used with 'trusted' users only; it is not suitable to 'contain' untrusted users

Source : WIKI

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Bad news is last day on for our fellow Business friend asked us to help in their system setup... we thought installing WinXP but WinXP in Kolkata market is now hard to get prices are sky high...

what used to me 5.2k+tax for pro now is over 7.5k+tax and still hard to find :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom