i7 configuration-moderate budget

fatalcore

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Games and movies
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:40K*
4. Planning to overclock?
A:no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win7
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500gb max
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:21.5
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:yes
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:3 week
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:future proof
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Speaker,LCD
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Kolkata
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:Nothing special just a decent configuration , the party dont want to invest more than 7k in GPu...The above 40 K limit is variable to 10k max depending upon necessity nd not mandatory.

I think the party is more inclined to intel's performance than amd.Talking about turbo boost all the time.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i will suggest you to not fix the budget for each component and go for ones that best fit your budget and purpose....

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
for that budget AMD is a much more viable option as you can get AMD's hexacore with AMD TurboCore (AMD's counterpart to TurboBoost).

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
Guys at least suggest few configurations,
he said the he can pull the budget to 50K , if thats necessary.But not to over shoot the budget deadline thats 50k

@cybertonic
I herd that AMD Turbocore is only good at - threading till 3 threads after that its saturated , where as turbo boost operates more silky at all purpose.Please note that I JUST HERD . I am not too well aware about the concept of turbo boost and turbo core technology.

Well recently i purchased the powercolor HD5670 , and this party was too fasinated to see the graphics in pop5 , modernwarefare2 , Battlefield bad company 2 and AC2.
So he thinks that card is enough to play game for next 1-1.5 year.

So please suggest the i7 config....
Cybertronic u can also suggest amd config,keeping the budget in mind.

I will be glad to receive all your expert suggestion.

thanks and regards.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
go with any CPU, in the end the main difference in going to be made by the GPU!
can you tell us which kind of games the person is going to be playing mainly?

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
you need a minimim of 60k budget to get a good balanced Ci7 RIG! so try to extend the budget.

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
DUDE ................. Forget INTEL ............
Stick to AMD
i7 wont be viable ...... get AMD X6 ........

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Core i7 930 @ 13k
Msi X58 pro-e @ 11k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5k
Zotac GTX460 768mb @ 12k
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
Lg H55N DVD @ 1k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
Nzxt Gamma @ 2k

Total - 50.7k

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
^ thanks Jaskanwar
You caught the right chord.

^^^vinyasmusic why dont you suggest a good config on AMD ? Lets see your config...coz i was also thinking of a personal rig based on AMD.

I also chalked out a AMD based config for another person, will post the config for expert advice.

thanks and regards

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Phenom II x6 1055t @ 10k
Msi 890GXM G65 @ 7k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1600MHz @ 6.5k
Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 14k
WD 500GB blue @ 2k
Lg H55N DVD @ 1k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
CM elite 430 @ 2.8k

Total - 48k

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
Asus CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA

Any idea how is this motherboard? and how will it pair with the Phenom II x6 1055t ?

Its advantage and disadvantage?

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
1.Is GTX 460 1gb is better than HD 5770 1gb ?
2. Is it ok to use i7 in summer without having AC in d room.
3. Any 20-22-24 inch LED with inbuilt tv tuner.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
Asus CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA

Any idea how is this motherboard? and how will it pair with the Phenom II x6 1055t ?

Its advantage and disadvantage?
its one of the best mobos availbel for AMD(i have it)!
its a really good mobo for OCing, multi GPU setup & lots of other good features. but its really expensive - 16K, so not worth going for it as its going to get the VFM down a lot!
1.Is GTX 460 1gb is better than HD 5770 1gb ?
2. Is it ok to use i7 in summer without having AC in d room.
3. Any 20-22-24 inch LED with inbuilt tv tuner.
1: Yes!
2: Yes!
3: get a TV!