i5 3450 or i5 3470

prathmesh

Broken In
3450 comes at rs 11501 & 3470 comes at rs 11745 according to flipcart;
so which is better? is there any cons to 3470??

Naxal

Little Kid
Intel Core i5-3450 vs Intel Core i5-3470

I guess the Core i5 3450 is missing the Intel® Trusted Execution Technology technology. Better buy the Core i5 3470 that comes with it :p

intel said:
Intel® Trusted Execution Technology for safer computing is a versatile set of hardware extensions to Intel® processors and chipsets that enhance the digital office platform with security capabilities such as measured launch and protected execution. It enables an environment where applications can run within their own space, protected from all other software on the system.

OP
P

prathmesh

Broken In
true; also true is that 3470 is having a bit higher clock speed; so why would anybody in their right minds even consider 3450? Isn't intel putting one of its own processor out of the competition.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
not many people need that extra 100 Mhz and how much difference will it make in real world apps for most users, anyway, we better leave this upon Intel's marketing dept. ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If the local market price difference is 100/- or max 500/- you should go ahead and buy 3470. Otherwise, 3450 would be the way to go.

Top Bottom