i3 2100 build help!

goodguygamer

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming- BF3, Skyrim and Starcraft 2. Entertainment - Internet, movie watching. General - Photoshop and other softwares.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs. 25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, BUT ONLY FOR GPU.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I already have a 17" 1280x1024 monitor that i plan on using.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X graphics card, Monitor, Keyboard, mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a month or two.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Going to be my first build.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Chennai. Will try to buy locally if it is avail. and cheaper but will go for online shops if price is same.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want a mobo that can support i5 2500k if i upgrade in the future, and also support ati crossfire (for future). Please also recommend a good PSU.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Component Make Price
CPU Intel Core i3-2100 6300
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-M 8170
RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB 1550
HDD WD Scorpio Blue 250GB 3720
Optical Drive HP dvd1260i 1030
Case NZXT Source 210 Elite 2400
PSU Seasonic S12 II 620 4620
UPS Numeric 600VA 1800
Total 29590

Go for this configuration only if you're dead sure about upgrading to an Ivy Bridge processor in the near future. In that case it'll be better to buy the G620 for now. But I strongly recommend a quad core AMD base configuration at this budget. Here's one

Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H 4030
PSU Seasonic S12 II 520 3770
UPS Numeric 600VA 1800
Total 25260

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Why is that? i3 2100 beats 960T in most benchmarks including gaming!

Yeah, but considering the multitasking aspects and in future when games start to use more than 2 cores you'll be on the safer side. Moreover the 960T is a powerful CPU and will not bottleneck even a high end GPU.

BTW you got plans to upgrade the monitor to a Full HD in near future?

OP
G

goodguygamer

Broken In
Yeah, but considering the multitasking aspects and in future when games start to use more than 2 cores you'll be on the safer side. Moreover the 960T is a powerful CPU and will not bottleneck even a high end GPU.

BTW you got plans to upgrade the monitor to a Full HD in near future?
Yes, but if i buy a motherboard like MSI H67MA-E35 (B3) Motherboard, I can update to i5 2500 or i7 core in the future.... But If i use the 960T, I'll have to buy a motherboard when I upgrade and the AMD upgrade won't be as powerful.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Just visit Delta Peripherals. They'll be having it. Or buy the Bitfenix Merc Alpha from Erodov.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Why is that? i3 2100 beats 960T in most benchmarks including gaming!

960T is a quad core and i3 2100 is dual core 2ndly 960T can be unlocked to hexa core and is more future proof.If you can get better hardware around same price why not buy that.

Its your choice, people here will always suggest you best possible configuration within your budget.

OP
G

goodguygamer

Broken In
Component Make Price
CPU AMD Phenom II 960T 6960
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H 4030
PSU Seasonic S12 II 520 3770
UPS Numeric 600VA 1800
Total 25260

OK, I think I'll settle for this build! Will I be able to overclock the processor or even unlock the 2 extracores with this motherboard?

Also, can you suggest some good cheap Speakers? mostly for listening to songs and gaming...

UPDATE: Can't find some products on Deltapage,namely the Processor, motherboard, optical drive, case, psu and UPS!

Found the products on flipkart though, is it better to buy online then?... total came to Rs. 19247 without the Case and UPS and speaker. Can anybody recommend some budget instances for all 3?

This is what the plan is so far (all from flipkart) -

Seasonic S12II-520 PSU Rs. 4054
HP dvd1260i Internal Optical Drive (black) Rs. 1028
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM Rs. 1590
Another Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM Rs. 1590
Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H Motherboard Rs. 4028
AMD Phenom II 960T Processor Rs. 6957

Awaiting help. :D

Also, do I need something more than the STOCK COOLER for overlocking and unlocking?

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
Seasonic S12II-520
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM

You're from Chennai right? Why don't you visit Delta Peripherals and check out the prices?

OP
G

goodguygamer

Broken In
Seasonic S12II-520
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM

You're from Chennai right? Why don't you visit Delta Peripherals and check out the prices?
But on deltapage.com it says the processor, motherboard, psu, etc. aren't availbable. Will they have it in Delta Peripherals even if it isn't in their website?

OP
G

goodguygamer

Broken In
I'm not sure about that buddy. I think our forum member dfcols71 had done some online shopping from Delta. You better PM him for details.
Thanks for the help. I think I better call them up and ask! Will report back soon... :mrgreen:

UPDATE: HERE'S MY BUILD SO FAR:

Seasonic S12II-520 PSU ------------------------------------------------------ Rs. 4054
HP dvd1260i Internal Optical Drive (black)----------------------------------- Rs. 1028
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)-------------------------------- Rs. 1590 x 2
Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H Motherboard-------------------------------------------- Rs. 4028
AMD Phenom II 960T Processor------------------------------------------------- Rs. 6957
NUMERIC 600VA UPS------------------------------------------------------------ Rs. 1700
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NZXT Source 210 Elite White Steel-------------------------------------------- Rs. 3050
-----------------------------------or--------------------------------------------------
Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Mid Tower Cabinet (side window)---------------- Rs. 3492
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COOLER MASTER 120mm fans----------------------------------------------------- Rs. 450 x 2
----------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~25k

Your Thoughts? Anything I'm missing?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Delta is very good, even I have pretty good experience with them.

Just one suggestion: Get the Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 @ 4.8K instead of the D2H. If you're not unlocking 960T then it's okay but if you're lucky and able to unlock the extra cores of 960T then I think 880GM is a better choice.

2ndly, CM 120mm Non LED fans are available at RS 250 per piece. Also if you want to reduce the total cost then get the CM Elite 370 at 2K + Tax (Kolkata price).

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the help. I think I better call them up and ask! Will report back soon... :mrgreen:

[Corsair Vengeance 4 GB RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)-------------------------------- Rs. 1590 x 2
Your Thoughts? Anything I'm missing?

Corsair Vengeance 4 gb cost 1590 not 3180.

OP
G

goodguygamer

Broken In
Delta is very good, even I have pretty good experience with them.

Just one suggestion: Get the Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 @ 4.8K instead of the D2H. If you're not unlocking 960T then it's okay but if you're lucky and able to unlock the extra cores of 960T then I think 880GM is a better choice.

2ndly, CM 120mm Non LED fans are available at RS 250 per piece. Also if you want to reduce the total cost then get the CM Elite 370 at 2K + Tax (Kolkata price).
Thanks for the help! I'll get USB3 version if it is available.

Corsair Vengeance 4 gb cost 1590 not 3180.
Yes, I'm getting 2 of em.

Top Bottom