i pod vedio 80 GB........bought

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Guys,

Two days back I got this sauce ipod. Can any boday tell me as where do I get the convertor software, which cam turn the existing music on my hard drive to i music. Coz I am not able to upload the music on my pod.

Also, could any body tell me, is there any issues regarding servicing of the i pod as I have bought the same from Singapore.

Also pls tell, as how to find out if this i pod is 6th generation or 5th generation. Any specific signs, when I bought the seller told me it is the latest 6th Gen i pod.

Sandy

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@sandeep.......ipods are currently in generation 5.5, generation 6 aint out yet, prolly will from this year(guess arya will confirm this :))

nix

first off, you need music in mp3 format...which i suppose you have.
then download itunes(search on google for itunes download)
then follow the instructions in your ipod manual..its pretty straightforward...
all you have to do is plug your ipod into your comp using the cable which you got in the box. then itunes will recognize it.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm interested in getting this 'ipod video 80GB'.How is it overall performance?

'Sify Mall' quotes 15.6K (they say original 23.6K),is it worth trying?

Any idea where is it available in Chennai?

Kindly guide me!

Thanx in advance!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*images.apple.com/itunes/home/images/2007/02/featureditunes_20070205.jpg​

Download and install iTunes and then drag and drop all your music into it. Then plug in your iPod. iTunes will guide you through the rest of the few clicks you need to do to get your music onto your iPod. It really couldn't be any simpler than it already is. :)

If your iPod is original (i.e. it came with a bill and warranty service coupon), then you'll be fine.

This is what the latest video iPod looks like:
*images.apple.com/ipod/images/indextwirl20060912.png

When you plug your iPod into your computer after you've installed iTunes, it will show you how much the capacity of your iPod is. If it shows eighty gigabytes, you have the latest version. You do not need any other confirmation. :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gauravakaasid said:
^^but Arya, u cant use the whole of 80gigs, can u? it will always show up to be less than 80gigs
Yeah, but it will certainly be higher than sixty gigabytes and nearly eighty gigs. So that would mean it is the 5.5G iPod. :)

sandeepthapa31 said:
Two days back I got this sauce ipod.
'Sauce'? What is that supposed to mean? :confused::

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
gauravakaasid said:
^^but Arya, u cant use the whole of 80gigs, can u? it will always show up to be less than 80gigs

I own an 80GB ipod. Bought only last week. Usable space is approx ~74GB.

dhan_shh said:
I'm interested in getting this 'ipod video 80GB'.How is it overall performance?

'Sify Mall' quotes 15.6K (they say original 23.6K),is it worth trying?

Any idea where is it available in Chennai?

Kindly guide me!

Thanx in advance!

Why you don't want to buy it online? Usually online prices are better than retail stores.

I bought it at 14.6K from abroad. 15.6K seems to be a decent price in the Indian market.

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
dhan_shh said:
Sify Mall is online shop,they only quote 15.6K:

h**p://shopping.sify.com/shopping/product_detail.php?pid=13177126&prodid=14202425
You can go for it. Sify shopping is one of the more reliable online sites. This is purely personal. For me it is better than the auction sites out there.

Check out my posts in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57172 about sify mall

Just noticed that you are also from Chennai. :)

A better offer here. Save another 200 bucks.. :)

*tinyurl.com/yumqxd

I just checked www.bestbuy.com

The 80GB ipod retails for US $349.99 which when calculated at 43 rupees selling rate per US dollar plus 3% transaction fee for foreign currency on credit card works out to Rs.15,501/-

Indiaplaza.in price is cheaper than that. So it is best to buy here online itself. My 2 paise.

Last edited:
OP
sandeepthapa31

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Guys,

Thx for your feedbacks; thats right the 80 GB has 74 usable GB space. I have down loaded the mannual from apple site it is quite a 67 pages document. When I bought from Singapore it said it is the latest one in the market. I hope 5.5 version is ok. But pls claryfy these guys;

- Can I down load i tune movies; it is 9.9 $ cost advise pls.
- The earphone are awful as compared to other available head phone this is my experience. Pls advise earphone. Budget 1 K approx
- Also when I connect it says this USB is not suitable for this device.
- Can we put some theme or wall paper on this i pod.

Sandy

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
1. No, not in India.

2. Yeah, the default headphones are always crap on every music player (though the in-ear headphones that come with Sony's WALKMAN range are pretty decent). I cannot recommend you any earphones but make sure you get those that have noise cancellation.

3. You have a USB 1.1 ports on your computer. Try plugging it in other USB ports. If all of them are 1.1, you need to upgrade them to USB 2.0. It is a pretty cheap affair. Mind you, USB 1.1 will probably work too (I'm not sure...) but it will be damn slow.

4. No, you cannot.

sandeepthapa31 said:
- Can we put some theme or wall paper on this i pod.
Yes, it turns out you can. At iPodWizard.net, they have a forum dedicated to discussions about how to modify your iPod. From themes and fonts to backgrounds, they seem to have every information there.

I dunno whether it voids the warranty or not though, so make sure you check it out before you do something. And proceed at your own risk. :)

Last edited:
OP
sandeepthapa31

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Thx Dude,

Lemme try this tonight, I mean manage the i pod as told.........:)...........I hope it works out. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Sandy

OP
sandeepthapa31

sandeepthapa31

Broken In
Hay Arya,

I think I am having serious issue. I down loaded the itune 7 from site and loaded the mpr and mpeg shots. I do not know how to load in the i pod. People say it is easy, there are import buttons, I am yet to see any button that says install on the ipod or else.

Need help man..........this is frustrating...........:-(

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The New User's Guide for iPod

When you connect your iPod to you computer, leave it connected for about thirty minutes and your iPod will get charged. Once it is charged enough to function, it will light up and iTunes will automatically launch on your computer. (As an additional measure, you should launch iTunes yourself before you connect your iPod, the first time you do it.) Your iPod will start showing up on the source list on the left above the playlists. Now simple drag songs onto that icon. It is really easy. :)

Once you've done it the first time, you can set iTunes to automatically update your iPod. Next time you connect your iPod, iTunes will automatically launch and update your iPod. It is a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom